The OTHER 50th November Anniversary for Sesame Street fans...

MrMuppet93

Reaction score
November 10th maybe the 50th Anniversary of Sesame Street, but a handful Sesame Street fans have often ignored (due to it's whitewashed political history that was have shown SOME OF, like Mister Rogers' summer testimonial before the founding) and it's confusing history since it has THREE birthdays, the Act founding its "parent", the founding and the launch. Three/four websites had different versions of the founding- one responsible, another responsible, 4 responsible. Others told me different stories on who founded it.

Ladies and gentlemen, next month on the first Sunday (November 3rd) fifty years ago this network was founded, but wouldn't officially launch until October 5th the following year:

MrMuppet93

Reaction score
hello anyone? This was an underrated yet VERY important milestone in public broadcasting history. It was the FOUNDING of PBS people.....

crackmaster

Reaction score
PBS was my CHILDHOOD. I loved Sesame Street, Fetch, Angelina Ballerina, Arthur, Teletubbies, and Between the Lions. Sure, I liked SpongeBob too, but PBS was more influential. And when I discovered the P-Pals...