The Original Pilot Question

aWhatnot

Reaction score
I was watching The Muppet Show Original Pilot on the Muppet Show Season 1 Disk 4 and in the beging part there is Sam the Eagle :attitude:. As their talking, in the backround are names of citys that I suppose have clocks above them, though I don't actually see the clocks. Well one says London, wich is common. But the other is a town called Port Jervis, NY. I grew up about 20mins from Port and I've been there many times. I couldn't belive it was in the Pilot. Does anyone have any insider info about how that ended up there? Or why Port Jervis was choosin or anything? Thanks! :confused:

MuppetDude

Reaction score
It was probably an inside joke; usually those clocks would list times for more well-known cities (no offense!) like London, Paris, Tokyo, New York. Port Jervis, NY seemed like a very unexpected choice.

(And what about the other time zones: parsley, sage, rosemary, and time!)

:zany:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I may have to watch it again, but didn't the clocks get all wacky and mis-shapen towards the end of the episode? Or was I on percocet again?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
You're right; they're referencing artists. (I remember seeing Picasso and Dali, with a melted clock.)

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Oh good, I was right. And kids, don't watch the Muppets while on percocet, it's even weirder then they originally intended.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Oh good, I was right. And kids, don't watch the Muppets while on percocet, it's even weirder then they originally intended.
*shiver*