The Muppets seemed deserted after Jim and Richard died

Don_Music_2004

Reaction score
It seems like after Richard Hunt and Jim Henson died, a lot of the Muppets didn't get replaced and were just there with no speaking lines. This was especially noticeable in The Muppet Christmas Carol, and Muppet Treasure Island. Notice how Janice, Dr. Teeth, and Rowlf never say anything in those movies, and Scooter isn't in them at all. I just think it's a shame how Richard and Jim both died so close together. It's like it was bad enough we lost Jim in May of 1990, then we loose Richard Hunt just 20 months later. Whenever I watch The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson from November of 1990, I can't help but cry when I hear that song If just one person believes in you, because Scooter is singing it, and it's the last time Scooter was ever seen or used. I'm glad a lot Richard and Jim's charachters are now being replaced, but does anyone else feel the same way I do. and does anyone else cry when they watch the Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson when they hear Scooter sing at the end? :wink: :sympathy: :flirt:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
it still seems that rowlf, scooter, dr. teeth, and janice are out of the loop. i mean the writers don't give rowlf anything to say or do. they finally get scooter to say some stuff and do some stuff in the christmas movie and i was happy to see him. i thought brian did a good job with scooter's personality. janice was also great to see and hear for the first time in over 10 years. dr. teeth has had only one thing to say and that was in muppets from space. otherwise he say's nothing and stands in the background.

i still think for the most part the original muppet characters haven't come back to full focus like they were back during the 70's and 80's.

ryan

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
In a way I agree with that. It's been a while since I've seen MCC, but from what I remember a lot of familiar Muppet characters were pushed in the background and there were new characters in it especially playing the three spirits. Also, that wasn't one of the funnier Muppet movies. A lot of parts were just sad and serious. I guess it wasn't until "Muppets from Space" was made that they decided to bring back retired characters. (Though, I guess you could say that it started with "Treasure Island," since :sympathy: made an appearance in that one.)

rexcrk

Reaction score
Rowlf was also in Muppet Christmas Carol, playing piano at Fozziwig and Ma's. But even though the characters didn't speak much, at least they were there! Like in Muppet Treasure Island, that scene where Zoot, Floyd, and Animal speak (right before "Professional Pirate" song) look at Dr. Teeth, he still seems to have that personality (I'm talking about the way he looked and was puppeteered) :smile:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
rexcrk said:
Like in Muppet Treasure Island, that scene where Zoot, Floyd, and Animal speak (right before "Professional Pirate" song) look at Dr. Teeth, he still seems to have that personality (I'm talking about the way he looked and was puppeteered) :smile:
i know what you're talking about. once zoot, floyd, and animal say their lines, the band starts playing music when the camera goes off from them and you can see on dr. teeth grooving like he always does. that was kind of nice to see.

ryan

rexcrk

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
i know what you're talking about. once zoot, floyd, and animal say their lines, the band starts playing music when the camera goes off from them and you can see on dr. teeth grooving like he always does. that was kind of nice to see.

ryan
and also at the end too, when they're all dancing on the boat, he's doing it then too :big_grin: