The Muppets Go to the Movies on Disney+

DMHFan

Reaction score
So, seeing how one of the reasons as to why the episode of The Muppet Show guest starring Brooke Shields isn't on Disney+ as of now is due to music rights issues with the song "We're Off to See the Wizard", I feel like that's also one of the obstacles keeping The Muppets Go to the Movies from coming to Disney+ (if said special were to be on Disney+), as said special featured that song in a medley of Wizard of Oz songs. Though, I would like if it if that special and The Muppets Go Hollywood ever came to Disney+.

Thoughts on this?

Last edited:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Considering it was never even released on VHS or DVD in the United States, I highly doubt that DIsney even planned to have that special up on their streaming service. It would make for a nice addition but I think the reason it's not included has less to do with music rights and more to do with the fact that it's rather obscure and mostly forgotten. Same goes for stuff like Muppet Classic Theater and The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show.

I would think Muppets Tonight would be next in line if Disney wanted more muppet content on their platform but that's just wishful thinking.