The Muppet Show Season 4 Episode 5 - Victor Borge

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Muppet Show Season 4 Episode 5 - Victor Borge
US/New York Premiere: Thursday November 1, 1979
Disney+ Premiere: Friday February 19, 2021

They're cute, cuddly and crawling with talent: Meet the Baby Band! Under the baton of maestro Bobby Benson, these musically gifted Muppet moppets are born superstars! But when Bobby is arrested, who'll take care of the precocious pre-preschoolers? To impress Kermit, "motherly" Miss Piggy volunteers...until the rambunctious babies drive her bananas!

Watch on Disney+

Muppet Wiki Guide

Other Releases

This is the first time this episode has been commercially released or streamed since its original broadcast.

If you saw "The Muppet Show" with Victor Borge on Disney+ please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This was the first Muppet Show episode I saw on Disney+. I saw it this morning.
What were your thoughts on the episode? Any particular reason you started with Victor Borge?

DMHFan

Reaction score
What were your thoughts on the episode? Any particular reason you started with Victor Borge?
It was a nice episode. I started with that as that's one of two episodes I haven't seen uncut yet (the other being Dizzy Gillespie).

Muppet Master

Reaction score
This episode was never commercially released prior to the Disney+ launch, so the only way I had seen it was through a recording off of Nickelodeon. It had always left me confused because they never explained why Bobby was arrested & he had just abruptly returned with no explanation. And then I found out that the Nickelodeon version had cut out a Swedish Chef skit and a backstage scene explaining the reason that Bobby got arrested.

As far as the actual episode goes, it's a pretty solid one. I like it a lot better now after seeing the parts that had been removed. The Benson plot is entertaining and it features some really memorable numbers like Macho Man and Gonzo's "Act Naturally". My only issue is with the guest star. Borge isn't all that engaging and the parts featuring him tend to drag on. I'd give it a 7.5/10.