The Muppet Show Season 4 Episode 4 - Dyan Cannon

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Muppet Show Season 4 Episode 4 - Dyan Cannon
US/New York Premiere: Thursday January 31, 1980
Disney+ Premiere: Friday February 19, 2021

The Muppet Show goes to the dogs when Miss Piggy asks "da-da" Kermie to babysit Foo-Foo, her precious, pampered pooch. But with his flippers full hosting the show, Kermit entrusts Foo-Foo to Scooter...who foists him on Fozzie...who gives him to Gonzo...who finally passes the fluffy puppy to Floyd - unleashing sheer comedic chaos!

Watch on Disney+

Muppet Wiki Guide

Other Releases

This is the first time this episode has been commercially released or streamed since its original broadcast.

If you saw "The Muppet Show" with Dyan Cannon on Disney+ please like this post and share your thoughts below.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
My parents recently got Disney +, and this is the first episode I watched on the service. I was going to start with an episode I hadn't seen that was higher on my must-see list, but as I was scrolling the episode list I saw this and figured "okay, I'll watch this one".

I had been aware that most of the sketches involve dogs, but was surprised that (as far as I could tell) there weren't any dogs in the jungle number. And I guess Veterinarians Hospital only qualifies because it has Rowlf, who is always in the sketch. They already did one with a dog patient.

I have known this for a while, but it is weird that the episode goes from Floyd locking Foo-Foo into the drawer to Miss Piggy looking for her, without a scene where Floyd says the dog is lost.

I noticed some episodes look darker than others, I guess because it was shot on videotape and remastered in high definition. I also heard about them removing arm wires, but there's a lot of times when we do see them (not just in this episode). Maybe it's just me but it looks like there's points where we see the arm wires and they disappear (can't remember any examples right now).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I noticed some episodes look darker than others, I guess because it was shot on videotape and remastered in high definition. I also heard about them removing arm wires, but there's a lot of times when we do see them (not just in this episode). Maybe it's just me but it looks like there's points where we see the arm wires and they disappear (can't remember any examples right now).
I don't believe any rod removal was done on these shows. There's some times where the rod doesn't appear to be visible during Kermit's intros, but that appears on older versions as well; I think it's a side affect of the chroma keying whatever the curtains open up on.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Another thing I was not expecting was the scene with Beauregard and Foo-Foo during the opening. So the very first scene with Foo-Foo had her in real dog form. If not for Kermit being there in the opening, you could say she's on her way to bother Kermit at the start of the show.