The Muppet Show Season 4 Episode 18 - Christopher Reeve

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Muppet Show Season 4 Episode 18 - Christopher Reeve
US/New York Premiere: Thursday February 7, 1980
Disney+ Premiere: Friday February 19, 2021

Sam the Eagle is fed up with conditions in this "sick and weird" show and writes a letter - highlighted in "Sam's Song" - to put a stop to it. Meanwhile, when Kermit finds out Miss Piggy has the hots for the hunky guest star, he gets kind of jealous. Is it a good thing green is his natural color?

Watch on Disney+

Muppet Wiki Guide

Other Releases

This is the first time this episode has been commercially released or streamed since its original broadcast.

If you saw "The Muppet Show" with Christopher Reeve on Disney+ please like this post and share your thoughts below.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Although I had already seen this one (and still haven't gotten through all the episodes I have not seen), I decided to watch this one on Disney+.

I had thought that the only reason Christopher Reeve was the doctor in Vets Hospital was because Miss Piggy forced Rowlf to be the patient and brought in Christopher as the replacement (which would mean that he was NOT originally scheduled to be in any of the three acts he appears in), but then Kermit mentions it in a backstage scene, so I guess it would have been that way even if Miss Piggy wasn't infatuated with him.

I also thought that both Miss Piggy and Christopher were attracted to each other (and was confused about his ending comments and Piggy being offended enough to karate chop him), but it looks like it might have been one sided (or at least he wasn't as into her as she was into him).