The Muppet Day Calendar: Seriously...

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Okay, seriously, I can't be the only one who's been keeping all the expired pages from the Muppet Day-by-Day Calendar! Anybody else this crazy?

(Yes, I'm aware that I asked that question here.)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? Whatcha mean "keeping the pages"? You don't mean to say... You've been defacing such a collectible of the highest Muppet calliber by tearing each passed day out from it's bindings?
:shocked:
:attitude:

For shame... For shame.

BTW: Could someone help out by describing/talking us through the various images from this wonderful calendar? Thanks.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Okay, seriously, I can't be the only one who's been keeping all the expired pages from the Muppet Day-by-Day Calendar! Anybody else this crazy?

(Yes, I'm aware that I asked that question here.)
Hmph, I'm embarassed you'd even ask if I was keeping the pages. Of COURSE I'm not!

I just bought two calendars. :halo: :wink:

And Ed, I guess I could make a new thread and post each page each day for those who don't have the calendar, but I'm not gonna go back and do all the pages that have already been... Here's this weekend's page:

The weekend of February 23/24
Spotlight on
Rowlf
Rowlf, the spokesdog, was destined to become an important part of The Muppet Show. The versatile and entertaining piano player would add a touch of vaudeville to the variety show.

(On the left side of the page we see a picture of Rowlf wearing a lavender suit with a red tie and black pants. He has on a purple hat. He's leaning on an orange piano that seems to be sitting at an awkward angle.)

Hope this helps!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Dunno... Maybe someone was watching too much Goof Troop or other Disney animated shows to confuse Rowlf, a dog, for Dr. Teeth, a humanoid Muppet character. That's just my first impression thought.

Thanks Prawny... And if Steve has no objections, let's use this for the Muppet Day Calendar page-by-page reportage kay?

*Waits for next calendar moment addition.

mrsieve

Reaction score
I haven't been able to find the Muppet Day Calendar here. :frown:

muppetperson

Reaction score
I got one, which I am keeping in it's box for now.I wish it was made more sturdy, instead of being like a post it/stick it pad, which the pages will eventually come apart.A ring binder would of been great.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I've never actually had a day callender before, so I'm having fun ripping out the pages as the days pass. I only kept a few pages.

.... Oh the simple joys in life.

peyjenk

Reaction score
I'm keeping the pages!

There have been a lot of pictures I've never seen before, and I've been really impressed.

I haven't, though, been too fond of the text. It seems that whoever wrote the trivia and character bios, etc. only knew a cursory background. It obviously wasn't done by a fan of Muppet Central proportions.

The one that really annoyed me was the picture of Kermit with Rowlf and Yolanda that talked about Kermit's fling with Miss Mousey. I mean, duh, that's not even the same character!