The "I Did Something Stupid Today" Thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I didn't do this today, but it was definitely stupid. In fact, it was not only stupid, it was STOOOOOPID!

Be warned, this is long. A little background first. I collect old commercials from between 1982 to 1999. I get some later ones, if I happen to like them. I find most of them on YouTube, and I've been doing this since 2006. I kept them all on a separate harddrive. Well, stupid me decided to break up the commercials from commercial blocks various people have posted (which was a pain in the neck at times, because, out of a group of commercials, they only had one I wanted). I had these in a separate folder on my desktop, along with folders of video files of various TV shows that I put in my iPhone. Well, stupid me moved all the folders to my external hard drive, and got a notice that said "Name of Folder already exists in this location. Would you like to overwrite it?" Me, being the idiot that I am, checked off "Yes to All," not realizing until it was too late, that I had deleted all but 50 or so of my 400+ commercials, most of which are no longer on YouTube. Basically 14 years of commercial hunting down the drain!

However, there's a happy ending to this story. I found a program that could recover them, and it actually worked, so I didn't lose those 400+ commercials after all.

Moral of the Story: WATCH WHAT YOU'RE DOING WHEN YOU COPY STUFF FROM YOUR DESKTOP TO YOUR EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE!
Losing all your hard work is the absolute worst feeling, I agree. At least you got everything recovered, though!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I noticed Muppet Wiki didn't have an article page for Paul Rugg, so I wrote one up and everything, and just as I was in the process of creating the page, I saw an alert on the Wiki that indicated that there once was a page for him on the Wiki, but that it had been deleted by Scott because he technically isn't involved with anything Muppet-related, just strictly JHC . . . and, I guess that means any Muppet Wiki page for him is unnecessary. So, there's that.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So late last August on the highway, this truck driver was tailgating me on the right side of the road while I was going the speed limit.... and he didn’t bother merging to the other side. Instead, he tried giving me a “what the **** are you doing?!” hand gesture as I looked in my mirror and I pulled to the side of the road. He looked at me like it was my fault that he wasn’t getting his way on the road. But I made the stupid mistake of chasing after the guy, cutting off a couple cars as a result, and rolled next to him and yelled out my window “HEY, *******! YOU DROVE SO ******* CLOSE TO MY CAR, YOU PIECE OF ****!” and gave him the finger. To be honest though that day was a wake up call on my road rage. I get it pretty badly unfortunately, and normally I’m not someone who likes to get into conflicts with other drivers. But that was a day where I’m just like “**** this, not putting up with that guy’s ****.”

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I totally get it. As tempted as I’ve been to get in people’s face while driving, it’s just not worth it. I never want to start something that might not end well.
The thing that got me bent out of shape the most, was people tailgating me, and them flashing their hi - beams. I chas d one or two to give them a taste of their own medicine. But when my wife is in the car, I’m not going to put her life in danger just to settle a score.

Tou really wanna tick somebody off? When they drive past you, they might give you the finger, but smile and wave at them. You’ll ruin their day!🥶