The four mysterious Dragons

mikealan

Reaction score
furryfella

I DO have the "Four Mysterious Dragons" skit on tape which it is on the Rainstorm episode of Sesame Street with two full-length Electric Company episodes and one full-length episode of 123 Sesame Street with most of Davey and Joey Monkey.

This skit starts where the purple Japanese storyteller hits the gong and begins to tell us the story. Now it begins...a purple father muppet welcomes us to the temple. Then, the green hero muppet feels that he's ready for the test to find the four mysterious dragons until midnight, but inside the temple, there is the blue evil prime minister muppet sneaking through the temple and crackles, "He will NEVER pass the test!" So, the green hero muppet tries to look at the four mysterious dragons, until he found one, but it's too late now and the evil prime minister is about to take over the empire...then, the green hero found the last three dragons and made the prime minister really upset. The purple father explains to the green hero that he really did pass the test. The prime minister exits angrily and yells to them, "I always hate this testing temple!" The storyteller and the father are performed by Jerry Nelson, the hero is performed by Jim Henson and the evil prime minister is performed by Frank Oz.

Anybody else remembers this clip?

BlueAM

Reaction score
Mikealan, I've been asking for descriptions of what various Muppets (SS and TMS alike) look like. So, could you please give me full descriptions of what the storyteller, the father, and his son look like?

As for the prime minister, I believe he was the squat blue AM, like Fat Blue, Simon Soundman, Ferlenghetti Donizetti, Big Jeffy, Chrissy (from Chrissy and the Alphabeats) Hard Head Henry Harris (Roosevelt Franklin's friend), Gilbert and Sullivan, George Washington's Father, Grandma Happy, and The Old Woman Who Lives in a Shoe, with a green nose, black hair at the sides of his bald head, black eyebrows (almost like Bert's), and purple eyelids.

I'm also guessing that the storyteller was the lavender hand and rod puppet, like Herbert Birdsfoot, Polly Darton, Chrissy (from Little Jerry's band), Christopher Columbus, Cinderella, Rapunzel, and many more.

I also figure that the father was the lavender live hands puppet with the black mouth and pink tongue, like the Count, both his girlfriends, Mumford, Mr. Chatterly, Sam (from Getting Ready to Read), Sparky (Richard Beltzer's pal in Elmopalooza!), Aladdin, Pat Playjacks, Phil Harmonic, Biff, Forgetful Jones, and countless others.

I'm counting on you to help me with these descriptions as I've never seen the skit. Thanks!

BlueAM

Ryan

Reaction score
There are apparantley other 'episodes' of this sketch, I forget what they are, but Joggy told me about them...On to you, Joggy! :crazy: