The first three Muppet movies

Pug Lover

Reaction score
There is something about The Muppet Movie,The Great Muppet Caper and The Muppets Take Manhatten that make them very different from eachother.Their styles and storylines differ from one another remarkabley.About the only thing these three films do have in common,is the way the muppets impressively interact with the human world.Plus cameo appearances from Sesame Street muppets.The differences are probably due to the fact that each movie was made in a different place.The Muppet Movie was made in Hollywood.The Great Muppet Caper was made in England,just like The Muppet Show before it.The Muppets Take Manhatten was made in New York City.{As is Sesame Street of course.} :smile:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
the first 3 movies also use a wider range of characters from rowlf and scooter, to all the members of the electirc mayhem, lew zealand, the swedish chef, sweetums, etc.

the newer ones don't have all of these characters saying stuff and they use only a handful of characters

like mfs: kermit, piggy, fozzie, gonzo, animal, rizzo, pepe with the rest having small parts
or mcc: kermit, piggy, gonzo, and rizzo, while the rest have really small parts

ryan

jediX

Reaction score
I just see the gap between the eras as Jim's death. Everything afterward is clearly in different style than the previous.

Drum Eater

Reaction score
There is something very magical about all three of those first muppet movies. I love them all for different reasons. I love how they each have their 'trademark', if you will. Kermit playing the bango and singing, Miss Piggy going through a window on a motorcycle, and of course Piggy and Kermit's wedding. I love all three movies--they all have moments that make me watch all of them over and over! :halo:

Muppet Crypts

Reaction score
I'd love to go back to those kind of movies again they were great

Follow that bird and Elmo in Grouchland were like that too.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Muppetsdownunder said:
Ditto here!! I'll never forget seeing The Muppet Movie,originally in the movies,and that opening swamp tracking shot,omg.Then The Muppet Caper actually had a plot,not revolving around the Muppets,involving not revolving like TMM.Then of course,MTM,newer Muppets were added such as Rizzo & the Muppet Babies....:big_grin:

Drum Eater

Reaction score
I love the humor in the first three muppet movies as well. Turn at the fork in the road...I'm hopping mad...Fozzie trying to crack jokes..."drinks on the house!"...
You know what else I've realized? Movies usually have one or two really good lines that stick with you...the Muppet movies are full of good lines that stick with you!

SaraJayne

Reaction score
Drum Eater said:
You know what else I've realized? Movies usually have one or two really good lines that stick with you...the Muppet movies are full of good lines that stick with you!
I completely agree. Everytime I spill something in my house, I grab the paper towel and say "I've got some paper towels" in my best Lew Zealand voice. Most people don't understand it, but it cracks me up every time.

Another example, is when people say "That's just a myth" or something like that, and I will ask "a what?" And they'll say "myth!" and then I reply "yeth?"

MJTaylor

Reaction score
I think my favorite of all those is The Great Muppet Caper. But of course they're all classics. The other night I was watching the DVD of The Muppets Take Manhatten and it brought back a lot of memoires of when I was 12. My favorite part is when Miss Piggy's handbag gets stolen and she burrows a pair of roller skates to catch up with the thief. I also liked how the roller skates's owner took part in the conversation Miss Piggy and Kermit were having even though he didn't know what the heck they were talking about. Then Miss Piggy says she wishes they had known each other when they were little...and in a dream sequence, we meet the Muppet Babies!