The evolution of Telly

Fozzieboba

Reaction score
Actually that info comes from the program guide (okay, so it likely was in an early draft of the script). Many of the program guides have a note that the printing deadlines come before the final edits and some segments listed don't appear, and the wiki has uncovered many instances where the program guides list segments that do not appear in the final aired scripts or finished episodes.

At least I assume it wasn't in the script used for reference. I know the scripts sourced sometimes include segments with a note that they are to be deleted (and in some cases, segments listed in the scripts as being cut ended up appearing in the episode after all).
How do you know this???? Does it say that on the wiki?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
How do you know this???? Does it say that on the wiki?
The info was on the page long before they got their trusted sources, when the only sources were either program guides at
The CTW Archives or having the actual episodes themselves.

I recall seeing somebody mention that Telly was mentioned in that guide, I looked on the page after they compiled a guide from their script, then looked in history for past edits.

There’s a sandbox page on “script inconsistencies” which notes segments mentioned in the program guides that either don’t appear in the final aired version script or the final edit of the episode (and Vice versa), I saw that there is a lot more changes than I would have expected (including some that I was really curious about, so some mysteries remain). I saw in some scans of the season 11 program guides a note that says the episodes are completed before the guides are printed.

as far as I know, the wiki administrators were only given one draft of each script, usually the one marked “final aired version”, though there are a few cases where it clearly wasn’t (and I think they have since acquired the finished copies of each of those episodes).

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I do remember Telly showing some subtle signs of TV obsession in an early Season 12 street scene in which Oscar paid homage to the "greatest hits" record commercials from back in those days, where each song (mostly disgusting words or remarks) is represented by a letter of the alphabet. Telly was showing signs of outstanding TV obsession as the screen wiped to black, despite that Telly had been on the show for two years at the time.

The commercial parody also featured a snippet from The Fonz's "A" message segment.