The Difference...

Frogster

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the difference between The Muppets Go To The Movies and The Muppets Go Hollywood? Is one a sequel to the other? I just want to know because I'm getting them soon, and I was just curious.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Here you go:

The Muppets Go Hollywood (1979)
In this special, Kermit and all the other Muppets throw the Hollywood party of the season for all of The Muppet Show guests and friends in celebration of the premiere of The Muppet Movie. There is a lavish cabaret and the party is hosted by Dick Van Dyke and Rita Moreno. Animal chases all the pretty girls, while Sam the Eagle collects autographs. Miss Piggy vocalizes with "Baby Face." It certainly is a night to remember full of Muppets and celebrities!

The Muppets Go to the Movies (1981)
Muppets pay homage to the movies in their one-hour special of comedy and action, with a tribute—Muppet style—to everything from war epics to science fiction. Human assistance is provided by guest stars Dudley Moore and Lily Tomlin as the Muppets offer their own version of classic movie genres. 'The Muppets Go to the Movies' plays out like an episode from 'The Muppet Show' but the typical zany sketches are replaced with equally zany movie parodies, including riotous send-up's of 'The Wizard of Oz', 'Casablanca', 'Frankenstein' and 'Wild Strawberries'.

Frogster

Reaction score
Which one does Floyd and Janice sing "Act Naturally"?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Frogster said:
Which one does Floyd and Janice sing "Act Naturally"?
It's from "The Muppets Go to the Movies". Gonzo also sang "Act Naturally" as a UK skit on The Muppet Show. Both versions can be heard on Muppet Central Radio.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Gonzo's version is funy. Where he sings it, while looking in the mirror, then the mirror version moves seperatly to him.

GONZO: Hey, you can' do that.
MIRROR GONZO: Sure I can.
GONZO: Youre meant to do what I do!
MIRROR GONZO: But you do ludicous stuff!