The Count's Grand Muppet Party

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings, it is I, the Count von Count.

I would like to invite as many members of the Muppet Central family to participate in this exciting new thread. Think of it as the basis of some sort of action game. Everyone from the Muppet family has gathered at the Count's castle in Transylvania for an anniversary birthday. Their presents, small marble numbers of course, are placed at the table; and when the candles are lighted, a grand ghostly entity takes over the castle. This master ghost and his minions must be defeated to reclaim the number gifts and clear the castle.
Here's what I'll need from all of you:
a. Name of the character, and number they brought to the party. You can submit any character from the three main branches; Sesame Street, The Muppet Show, and Fraggle Rock, including human characters. If you submit a human character, please include the name of the actor as well.
b. Description of what the character looks like, and if possible a sketch they appeared in. The reason I ask for the character's description is because of my blindness, and I want to make sure I know what character you're talking about.
c. Castle room that best fits some quality about that particular character. External areas like wooden forests, riverside dock, and underground caverns are acceptable.
d. Ghostly entity that said character could face, with description. Keep your ghost's description simple. Example: Sponge Ghost is a bathroom sponge with octopus tentacles and a bathroom ring collar.
e. At least two differently named attacks for the ghostly entity to use.
f. If you can think of any additional gifts that a said character brought besides their number, include it as well.
g. The standard weapon everyone carries are birthday candle flares, but if you want to include additional armaments, then go ahead.
I'll only be taking submissions for entries 1 to 13 first, and please remember to keep your submissions neatly ordered and understandable. You can submit your entries from Mondays to Fridays with a weekly deadline at midnight, 12:00 AM, GMT minus 5 hours, when Friday turns into Saturday. This deadline will be imposed to give me time to sort through all the entries and post my decision the following week. I'm giving you this weekend, and this weekend from July 19-21 only, as well as the following week to ask me anything and everything about my proposal and to start bouncing around some ideas. I hope that everyone participates and joins in on the fun of such a grand Muppet party.

Sincerely, The Count.

Ernie101

Reaction score
A.Character:Ernie
B:5 gifts
C.The ghost is......a fire ghost coming out of the flames of the counts fireplace.
Attacks:Losing alphaebet:whitch makes you forget the alphabet.
Flame:burnt candles fly everywhere.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Ernie101 for the idea you sent. Here's another example of what a submission for the Grand Muppet Party could look like:
a. The Swedish Chef, 1.
b. White chef's hat and clothing, brown hair and mustache under a bulbous nose and no eyes visible. You get the idea of how to describe the character, and hopefully, you guys can describe them better than I can.
c. The Swedish Chef roams through the kitchen to find his marble number.
d. He must face the Juice Ghost, composed of a giant orange as a head attached to its body, a pitcher of orange juice.
e. Acid Juice- squirts highly concetrated spurts of orange juice.
Citrus Bomb- launches his orange head as an exploding bomb.
Keep sending in those ideas of yours, and please tell everybody to come and check out the party.

Ernie101

Reaction score
ill make sure too.ill ahve some more ideas up really soon

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Party Guest #0

_Hello, I'm just gathering ideas and suggestions for my project about a grand Muppet party. If you're unfamiliar with this topic, you can find it in the
General Discussions forum. I want to know if you approve of the following idea for guest #0:
Señor Zero.
Small marble 0 as a gift.
Assigned to the underground Aztec Chamber containing drop hatch piñatas and salsa-spewing bottles.
Fights the Fiesta Ghost, an oversized orbital spinning sombrero who throws the fuzzy balls around its rim as exploding smoke pellet bombs.
Tell me what you think, and if you differ as to any of these elements tell me just how they should be improved. Thanks for your help and have a good night.

The Count.

GWGumby

Reaction score
Hi Count. I appreciate you wanting to start something fun with this "Grand Muppet Party" idea, but it is inappropriate to "advertise" your post in other completely unrelated areas in the forum. Your ad in "Ask Ken" and possibly others have been removed.

Please try to stay on topic of the area you are posting in. I know sometimes people like to have some fun and get completely off topic from time to time, but that is different from cross-posting advertising to unrelated forums. That what is normally considered "spam" in the cyber-world. There's a blurry line between off-topic and fun, I know, but this instance went a little too far.

If you want to contribute to other conversations (and looking through your past posts, you have been doing so,) and drum up some ideas for this topic, maybe mention it in a tag line or post-script. I don't see a problem with that as long as the body of your posts remains within the topic or at least the spirit of the forum you are posting to.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
To GWGumby

I appreciate your response as an explanation why the post in the "Ask Ken" thread was removed, and I understand what you're saying. I have posted an ad for my Muppet party thread as a tag line in other posts. The problem is that almost noone seems to want to come over and make their contributions to the thread. The only reason as to why I crossposted was because I knew that I would get an almost instantaneous response from someone in the "Ask Ken" thread. I'm truly sorry if this inconvenienced you and others, but I'm at my wits end as to how to get other members into this thread. I'm dreading the possibility that I'll have to complete the entire project on my own and not have any feedback to either back up my ideas or suggestions from other people to help the construct of the party. If you want to contribute some ideas to the thread, please go ahead. If you can talk to others and get them to post their ideas as well, it would be overwhelmingly appreciated. Have a good day and a great summer.

The Count.

GWGumby

Reaction score
Thank you for understanding the intent of my post.

Just to let you know, I have visited this thread as have 102 other visitors based on the info on the board. My guess is that most people don't quite understand the intent of this thread (myself included). You outlined an extremely detailed scenario which I'm guessing is based on some type of role-playing or card based system. I am personally unfamiliar with this type of thing and wouldn't know where to being to submit ideas. So far there are three examples posted, but I honestly don't understand what's going on even with the examples or what is meant to happen with them after they are submitted.

To help me and perhaps others, what exactly is the intent of this thread? Where did its idea generate from? I'm guessing most people just don't quite get what's going on and maybe with more information posted within this thread people will understand and perhaps contribute.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Party Invitation and Explanation

So you guys want me to further clarify my project's vision and its origins, huh? Well then, let's begin.
Each development point will be numbered to help me explain the project so that you guys can understand it better.
1 Do you guys remember the original Sesame-based video games? An alphabet-rigged Ferris wheel to build simple words; Astro Grover collecting Martians in basic addition and subtraction problems; and The Count's Countdown, where you gathered a group of a set number of items matching the number selected at the stage's beginning. Well, I wanted to develop a true action/adventure game for Sesame and the entire Muppet Family. But what should be the basis of my game?
2 There are two sources of inspiration from Sesame books that were instrumental in the development of the game's plot. From The Count Counts a Party, the idea of the game being a party held at the Count's castle where everybody invited would be welcomed started to form. From The Sesame Street Library, I believe it was Volume 9, there's a one-page story about the Count's birthday where ten Muppets from Sesame Street brought the Count birthday presents that were each a small marble number from 1 to 10. For example, Bert brought him a marble 1 and Ernie brought a marble 2. So now we have the starting point for the action game, a party held at the Count's castle where all the guests bring him a small marble number as a present.
3 I was extremely excited when Sesame achieved its 30th anniversary, so I decided that the party being celebrated at the Count's castle should be a huge anniversary bash. But how to expand the festivities to involve the entire Muppet family? I resolved to create my own personal Muppet listing, which some of you have seen in the thread titled "An Ultimate Muppet Database." I wanted to have a total of 300 guests, thus distributing ten guests to account for each year being celebrated in this 30th Anniversary shindig, though thanks to my research on this awesome website both the list's total and the total number of guests has increased.
4 Every party needs a birthday or party cake, and this party is no exception. Since an anniversary is still a kind of birthday, the cake is not only decorated with all the number gifts, but with individual candles matching the total of numbers and guests.
5 Every action/adventure game needs a master villain with henchcrooks. The game's story idea is that a giant smoky ghostly entity appeared as soon as all the candles were lit. Since we're in Transylvania, this kind of supernatural occurrence is the norm. The game's story proceeds by having the master ghostly entity and his ghosts flood every room of the castle, thus overrunning and claiming it as their new home. In order to clear the room of its haunting, each guest uses the candle from the birthday cake as a flare-gun weapon against the ghosts. Once a room's ghost is defeated, that guest recovers the number gift they originally brought and gather in the one room that wasn't taken by the ghosts.
6 What I'm asking for is that everyone who comes in and reads this thread suggest their ideas for each individual level or room, found either inside or outside the castle, which includes the following details in an ordered list.
a. Name of the character and the number they brought as a gift. Any character from Sesame Street, The Muppet Show or Muppets Tonight, Fraggle Rock, Follow That Bird or other Sesame Street movies, and/or any Muppet movie like The Frog Prince or others is qualified to be selected as a guest. Just remember to choose what small marble number that character brought as a present.
b. Name of the room or area that such a guest should be assigned to clear of its ghostly haunting. The room assigned to each guest can be based on some special quality of that Muppet family character's persona. A good parting example of this is Lord Pompio's Muppet mall with the Swedish Chef in a kitchen area or Lew Zealand in charge of a fishy restaurant. Other ideas could be Rubber Duckie assigned to the bathroom, Fozzie bear assigned to the surrounding woods, or any Fraggle assigned to underground cavernous areas or rooms, etc.
c. Name and description of the boss ghost located in the corresponding room or area. For example, the Fiesta Ghost, an oversized orbital spinning sombrero. The boss ghost in each individual room or area can also be based on some quirk or characteristic trait of that Muppet family member. For example, Señor Zero fights the Fiesta Ghost or Rubber Duckie fighting the Sponge Ghost, etc.
I hope this clears up any confusion created by my proposal. As you can clearly see, it's not a kind of card game, but rather my own personal project designed to create a potential action/adventure video game based on the Muppet family. Please feel free to contribute your ideas to this worthy cause, and if you have any further questions as to my purpose, send me a message to cyberscare@hotmail.com with "Grand Muppet Party" in the subject heading. Hopefully, we can help each other out and develop this grand party into a great fun-for-all thread.

Sincerely, the Count.