The Changes after Season 1

AmazingMumford

Reaction score
Did you guys ever notice on The Muppet Show how many changes took place after the first season. Compared to the other 4 Season 1 seemed to be like a practice season or something. The show just wasn't complete and the charachters werent yet fully developed. Here are some of the changes that occured:

At the Dance was used less

The Talk spot with Kermit and the guest star was used less

Beaker wasn't there yet

The Look of Miss Piggy

The Look and SOund of Fozzie

The Look and sound of Gonzo

The Newsflashes were serious and not funny

The Discussion Panel was gone

Scooter started being seen at the begginnig of each show with the guest

any others?

janicegroupie

Reaction score
Janice was being done by a different puppeteer Erin Ozker I believe. Along with the look of Miss Piggy she also was shared by Frank Oz and Richard Hunt.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Don't forget the theme song :smile: :wink:

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
Georgem, Mildred, Hilda, Wayne and Wanda all fade out (possibly more)

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
AmazingMumford said:
. Compared to the other 4 Season 1 seemed to be like a practice season or something. The show just wasn't complete and the charachters werent yet fully developed.
That's very common with TV shows, (especially shows with non-human casts ie. puppets or cartoons) Look at the first seasons of The Simpsons, Seinfeld, The Cosby Show, and even the Muppet Show. The first season seems almost like your watching a diffrent show, characters change and develop, sets change, characters added/dropped. Voices/look of characters change, and more. The first year is the hardest cause you don't know going in what people will respond to, enjoy, and will work in the end. By year 2 you pretty much have ironed out all the problems and get a more steady and well oiled show.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Yes that's true.I find that with almost every TV series.Look at the first couple of episodes of The Flintstones.Most notably the appearance of Fred and Barney.Their hair looks practically out of shape in comparisan to their more sophisticated and more familiar look.Barney even had a different voice.The first season of a TV series is often basically the show's rough copy in a sense.Everything(characters,set props,etc.)gradually becomes more sophisticated as the series progresses.Even Sesame Street was somewhat different in it's first season.Big Bird didn't look the same and Oscar was orange not green.Ernie and Bert looked a little different too.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Harvey Towers said:
Georgem, Mildred, Hilda, Wayne and Wanda all fade out (possibly more)
Actually George, Mildred and Wayne popped up in occasional TMS episodes.

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
I know they popped up from time to time (Wayne especially in the mellow dramas) but they are pretty much only scene in the first season.

Their are always lots of changes after Season 1 of a show, I guess it's because now the team know what they are doing they try and push themselves further and play out new ideas. Also, their are often major cast and crew changes.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I missed the Discussion Panel, that was one of my favorite parts.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
The so called Trumpet lady was some what part of the Electric Mayhem and then with introduction of Lips, she switched to the trombone and had eyes!

ryan