The Brothers Quay

Mary Louise

Reaction score
Remember the short films made by the Brothers Quay? Here's one I found on YouTube.

I'm trying to remember one that involves some kids. I think one of them may have been named Rachel. As I recall, they were riding something, maybe bicycles or skateboards. Or maybe one of them was on skates. And I think Rachel was having trouble keeping up with the unnamed kids. All I remember after that was that Rachel somehow got way ahead of the others, and one of them was calling, "Hey, Rachel! Wait for us!"

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Did the girl in the red striped shirt also appear in the segment where she is at the beach and gathering various sea creatures in her pail and looking at a book about marine life? Was that also produced by the Brothers Quay?

I wouldn't be shocked if the girl in the red striped shirt was the one named Rachel.

I find that some of the animated segments that aired on "Sesame Street" were likely produced in England. Particularly the one where a hand builds a zoo cage, and eventually a city using building blocks, as there is a double-decker bus seen towards the end, implying it was produced in
England. Quay sounds more reminiscent of a surname from England.

If any voiceovers from the UK were used in animation produced in the UK, I bet they were redubbed with the work of US voice actors for the US "Sesame Street" series.

Last edited:

Mary Louise

Reaction score
Yeah, the girl at the beach was in a red-and-white striped shirt. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure Rachel had a shirt like that, and braids. I've been looking for this film on Muppet Wiki, but I haven't had any luck.