The Best of TMS: lack of song titles

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Has anybody noticed that in the DVD chapters on The Best of The Muppet Show DVDs that songs are never mentioned as chapter titles? For example, for "I'm So Happy", the chapter is listed as "Gloomy Muppets". "Borneo" is just listed as "Jugband". "Don't Go Breaking my Heart" is listed as "Elton and Piggy Dee". "I'm a Woman" is listed as "Woman-ly Duet".

Does anybody know what the deal is? Could there have been some kind of ridiculous copyright problem that prevented Time-Life from listing the song titles despite the fact that the songs were included?

anathema

Reaction score
It's a lot more likely that this is simply because TL did a nasty, cheap and rushed job on the discs. Let us not forget that this is a company that apparently thought that it would be acceptable to simply convert their NTSC masters back to PAL for the UK/Australian releases (as opposed to going to the original PAL tapes from which their NTSC masters were converted in the first place...)

David French

Reaction score
anathema said:
It's a lot more likely that this is simply because TL did a nasty, cheap and rushed job on the discs. Let us not forget that this is a company that apparently thought that it would be acceptable to simply convert their NTSC masters back to PAL for the UK/Australian releases (as opposed to going to the original PAL tapes from which their NTSC masters were converted in the first place...)
Australia and New Zealand Time Life only offered the videos and not the DVDs. Were the videos NTSC conversions or proper PAL episodes?

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
Also the song "Rio" is entitled "Copacabana song" while that song is in the Liza Minelli episode.

anathema

Reaction score
David French said:
Australia and New Zealand Time Life only offered the videos and not the DVDs. Were the videos NTSC conversions or proper PAL episodes?
Same in the UK. They were conversions, and they were pretty much unwatchable as a result :-(