The best Muppet merch day ever

beaker

Reaction score
Oh man...words cannot describe the endless goodness I found today...

Yes, my feet are sore as heck from walking for miles...
but today, after a quarter of a century, I finally found
a new evolution of the Fisher Price Muppet Show action figures...
I speak of course about the new Jack in the Box Muppet figures, which in my opinion are nothign short of incredible. Ive been waiting my whole life for these, and I am happy to say the least.
My faves include Swedish Chef which just blows me away, and Miss Piggy. As much as I have loved the Fisher Price line for an eternity, these are the successors. Yes, I know...everyone's enamored with Palisades lineup as folks should be...but ever since I started collecting Muppet merch in the early 80's I have always had a longing for the 3-4" Muppet figures. My only complaints is that Pepe is the least of the bunch lookwise, and there is no Beaker which surprised me. Other than that, I am just astonished. I like how they gave the characters a slight anime-ish look like Fozzie, Animal, etc...makes them look more modern.

Second...right across the street, the new Muppet mini plushies at Starbucks! Fourty One freaking years later, Rowlf the Dog still owns!

Thrid, I found out my name is on th eback of the Beaker and Bunsen con exclusive box! If anyone has a scan of this let me know.

Fourth I found out about all the forth coming Muppet merch(and forthcoming Muppet Babies revival!) which continues to astound me.

Anyways, Im still high off the Henson buyback annoucement
and meeting/seeing Oscar/Carol Spinney in person...and from the looks of things, the Muppet party has barely even begun.
:smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Gotta say though - all these new deals, licensee's and revivials ? It's got nothing at all (ZERO !!!) to do with the Henson buyback. That hasn't even officially happened yet - this stuff would all be at least 6 months in the making. This is what EMTV were pushing Henson to do because they had no money and wouldn't fund them !

Once the Henson kids have the reins it could all change once again - ya never know !

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
all these new deals, licensee's and revivials ? It's got nothing at all (ZERO !!!) to do with the Henson buyback.
I know, its so great...the wheels have already been in motion for a new Muppet rennisance...so I guess at least some good came out of the EMTV deal...lets just hope JHC can take off and go from there onto new worlds and uncharted territory.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Its all very exciting to see all this merchandise, I wish it was here in Australia. I love looking in charity and second hand goods shops aswell as markets anytime I get a chance to, I get so excited when I find something related to the muppets which isnt very often, I dream about finding something really good. I even collect all the old muppet records LPs etc or any other henson related records, they are great and I have found 3 so far in various shops for around $1.00AUD. Theres soo much great stuff on ebay too even here in Australia but the prices go quite high because there seems to be a few other Australian muppet collectors around on ebay!

:sympathy: