The Best CGI Films in Recent Memory... And more

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Spiderman:Into the Spiderverse was outstanding. It had everything a good CGI movie should have. An interesting plot, memorable characters, comedy, action, emotional moments, plot twists, beautiful animation, and an awesome soundtrack. As far as I'm concerned, that movie accompanies everything this thread stands for in terms of excellent film quality.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Into The Spiderverse is one of my favorite movies ever. Idk how Marvel never thought about making an animated theatrical film before now.

crackmaster

Reaction score
Here's one not many know about:

The animation looks amazing for something from 2002 (to give you a reminder, Rapsittie Street Kids came out the same year, showing CGI wasn't exactly that good back then, but most of the stuff released then were good.) Hyperspace looks beautiful. Even Swayzak (the worst looking one of the bunch, due to the intensity of his colors) looks very imaginative with his design.

The plot is... eh, many people consider this the worst of the series, but I quite like it and it's my favorite of the series. It relied more on the game, which is now lost media. Speaking of said game, it had cutscenes too, which I surmise were great looking, aside from the fact that the ****-poor quality of web media back then made them look like Sega CD cutscenes (something someone who remembers the game told me.)

This is what Last Flight could've been like at least. Because even though the animation here IS outdated, it still holds up, like the first Toy Story.

Oh, and BTW, the main character is also the guy on my avatar.