The Bee Bee and Barker Family (Animated Insert)

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I heard tell of a short cartoon segment set on a beach, and involves two families with the surnames Bee Bee and Barker, and greeted each other with their first names starting with B.

However, according to Muppet Wiki, and by past recollection, the segment was last shown in Season 12, amd not shown again in future seasons (though I recall it being shown on the spinoff series "Open Sesame" which aired on Treehouse TV in Canada). Do you suppose the reason for the segment being dropped was due to one of the first names mentioned being "Bob", and may have been subject to legal action by a certain real life game show host?

Also, it would seem quite strange if Bruce was not one of the first names mentioned in this segment, considering that Bruce Cayard created such segment.

It's also amazing that I cannot seem to find this segment online.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I just saw the segment, "B Family Reunion". These are the names of the relatives I picked up on:
  • Bernie
  • Brenda
  • Buster
  • Betty
  • Buddy
  • Bart
  • Bruce
  • Beulah
  • Bobby
  • Baby Bonnie
  • Billy
  • Bernard
  • Babs
  • "Boots"
So Bruce was used in this segment, maybe it was a callback to Bruce Cayard, the creator, perhaps? And "Bob" was technically not used, but a variation of "Bobby". I wonder if Bobby's last name was Bee Bee? I am, however, very surprised they didn't use "Barbara" as an actual name, though "Babs" is a nickname for Barbara.

If this segment were remade today, I bet the names that would be used today would be:
  • Brittany
  • Brandi
  • Brandon
  • Brooke
  • Brooklyn
  • Beth (or Bethany)
  • Benjamin
  • Brady
  • Baby Bella
And some of the names from the previous version, with those relatives as grandparents.

Last edited: