The Animatrix anime film trailer

beaker

Reaction score
Well folks...next year we get not one, not two, but three Matrix films! While one can only imagine how insanely visionary The Matrix Reloaded(may) and The Matrix Revolutions(nov) will be...now online is the trailer for what looks to be the ultimate digital anime film: The Animatrix

www.thematrix.com

Coming out on dvd form next Spring, The Animatrix looks to be the most mindblowing collection of anime shorts(9 in all) Ive ever seen. If youve seen Final Fantasy(Square studios), Blood, Ghost in the Shell, or Ninja Scroll then ya can begin to see what's in store. Also on that site of course is the Matrix Reloaded teaser trailer. The 2 Matrix films just wrapped an insane shooting schedule in Australia, so now comes the year long heavy cgi effects and post production time.

With the two Matrix films, Animatrix, Terminator 3 rise of the machines, Xmen 2, Hulk, Cowboy Bebop, and Ghost in the Shell 2 Manmachine Interface; 2003 is shaping up to be the ultimate film year for sci fi, cyberpunk, comic book, and anime fans!

GWGumby

Reaction score
I have never enjoyed Anime in any form that I have seen it. Yet, this Animatrix trailer looks reallllly cool. I'm hoping it will change my mind.

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
I'm afraid the only anime I've ever liked was the old Speed Racer.

And there was another show about these space guys that had bird costumes and they flew in a ship that was like a falcon or something. It was on early early Saturday mornings

I'm sure this isn't some weird dream that I had. Does anyone know what show I'm talking about?

I guess I like things fully animated. It's really annoying to me when some character is supposed to be going fast, but they're just standing in this freeze frame while the background moves. Dude, that stinks artistically to me. But I like it on Powerpuff Girls sometimes cuz it makes me laugh. I think that effect is more funny than effective.

Markus

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by CaptCrouton
And there was another show about these space guys that had bird costumes and they flew in a ship that was like a falcon or something. It was on early early Saturday mornings

I'm sure this isn't some weird dream that I had. Does anyone know what show I'm talking about?
that sounds like either "Silverhawks", or more probably "Battle of the Planets" also known as "Gatchaman", or more commonly as "G Force"

is this what you're talking about?

if so, they have a new comic and toys out too...it's good stuff! it's not Muppets, but it's still good. heh...

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
That's it! Battle of the Planets. I knew someone would know it. I used to watch that when I was a kid. Don't remember anything about it, but what I said in the last post.

Thanks Grail. Now why does it have four names?

grail

Reaction score
only three...silverhawks was a different cartoon.

if i remember correctly (Cory, help me out here) "Gatchaman" was the actual Japanese name of the show, "Battle of the Planets" was the American version of the Manga comics, and "G-Force" was the name of the cartoon when brought to America. the Manga was more mature (not a sex thing, more violence, and some language i think), so it got the more mature sounding name. the cartoon was marketed to kids, so it got the "kid friendly" name.

at least, i THINK that's the story...i promise nothing

beaker

Reaction score
>>>if i remember correctly (Cory, help me out here) "Gatchaman" was the actual Japanese name of the show, "Battle of the Planets" was the American version of the Manga comics, and "G-Force" was the name of the cartoon when brought to America. the Manga was more mature (not a sex thing, more violence, and some language i think), so it got the more mature sounding name. the cartoon was marketed to kids, so it got the "kid friendly" name<<<

With the exception of being fond of TF, robotech, voltron, orguss, and Transor Z Im really down down wil old school anime. (1989 and beyond for me) Though like the Muppets, anime has been around for near 50 years. And manga has been around even longer than that. Rent Metropolis(anime, 2002) to see a new take on one of the first sci fi mangas.

And I cant see how anyone could nto be blown away by that Animatrix trailer ^_^