That singer sounds like a Muppet!

Convincing John

Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, but sometimes when I listen to the radio or see them on TV, certain musicians sound like Muppets! Anyone else notice this? F'rinstance:

"Weird Al" Yankovic's "She Drives Like Crazy" sounds like :smile:

Although I haven't heard them myself, my brother says that Flaming Lips sounds like :smirk:

Gloria Estefan's "You Can't Walk Away From Love"--there's a vocal of someone else between the first and second verses that sounds like :smile: talking backwards!

Rolling Stones-"Rock and Roll Circus"--anyone seen this? It has all sorts of great musicians in it, like John Lennon, Jethro Tull and of course the Rolling Stones. When the RS performs, Mick Jagger sings while he's pulling off his shirt. He lets out an "AAAAWWWAAAAWWWK!" that sounds just like :concern:!

And finally, AC/DC's "Thunderstruck". I've heard the last bit of this song played to advertise something (can't remember what, though). But anyway, to me, it sounds EXACTLY like Scred! I instantly got a picture in my head of Scred in a big black heavy metal wig and singing this! LOL!

What singers sound like Muppets to you?

Convincing John

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
ZZ TOP's "Cheap Sunglasses" sounds like Floyd Pepper singing.

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
There's a song on a CD in one of the "Teenage Shutdown" series called "I Found A New Love", the singer sounds a lot like Little Jerry...or a young Floyd Pepper.

On "The Letter People" record, the guy singing Mr. F's song sounds a little like Scooter. (Heck, it might as well HAVE been Richard Hunt looking for another paycheck.)

The one that began a long running gag--on the CD of old Yiddish vaudeville songs "From Avenue A To The Great White Way", on a song called "Gevaldt! Di Nerven!" (Help! My Nerves!), the singer, Jacob Zanger, sounds a LOT like Boober Fraggle.

They Might Be Giants' "Whistling In The Dark" sounds a lot like it could've been Jerry Nelson singing it.

tiggie0686

Reaction score
So this is pretty unrelated, buy my old P.E. teacher used to talk like a muppet. He was French and had a really adorable accent, and a really weird voice. It was kinda like Fozzie's voice, only very nasaly. Say the following to yourself in a nasaly, fozzie-like voice with a French accent and you'll be able to picture him "You...uhhh....run two laps of the feild...and uhhh....run the greenbelt...and warm up!"

blackurth

Reaction score
"I'm going up the country where do you want to go" (up the country by canned heat sounds exacly like kermit.)

BlueAM

Reaction score
I remember listening to an album by Harry Nilsson ("Everybody's Talkin'", the score from "Popeye") called "Harry". It contains his version of "Simon Smith and the Amazing Dancing Bear" (which they did, as you know, on TMS) and a song I think would go well on TMS, "The Puppy Song" (It's also on the "You've Got Mail" soundtrack). Anyway, this album had a song called "Fairfax Rag", and at the end, he's going "wa-wa-wa" in a scratchy voice and he sounded JUST LIKE THE TWO-HEADED MONSTER!!!! :smile:

Hope you understand!

BlueAM

Sidebottom

Reaction score
When the Beatles recorded "Sheik of Araby", at the end of every chorus, one of them (not sure which one) goes "Uh-huh".

It sounds _exactly_ like one of the Martians on Sesame Street!

-Sidebottom

BlueAM

Reaction score
I've also noticed that in R.E.M.'s "Orange Crush", Michael Stipe kinda sounds like :grouchy:

Anyone else notice anything?

BlueAM

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Actually, the guy who sang Mr. F's song on "The Letter People" sounds a bit like :wink: only a couple of octaves lower. Maybe Richard Hunt needed a little more money for rent that week and sang the song for that extra paycheck!

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
How about how Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins turns into one of those beetle muppets (She Loves You) on "1979". Actually, he sounds more like a fly in your ear, but close enough!

later
eric