Tales from Muppetland on DVD

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Hello
I was just wondering wouldn't you guys like to see tales from Muppetland on DVD. I know I would, right now I have the Frog Prince on VHS, but it's getting a little old, plus what bounes stuff would you guys like to see, I would love to see some kind of behind the scencs or making of stuff. That would be great. Let me know what you guys think.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm not sure if Jerry Juhl (Taminella) and carl Banas (Sweetums in The Frog Prince) pre-recorded their voices for the puppeteers to lyp-sync to or if they recorded the voices afterwards and dubbed in, but if the voices were dubbed and undubbed copies still exist, then it would be cool to have a feature where we could hear the original voices. same with The Muppet Musicians of Bremen, where the majority of muppets were not voiced by their puppeteers.

An idea for a Tales From Muppetland DVD set comes up every once in awhile when fans think up DVD wish lists. Before Jerry Juhl died last year i thought it would have been cool if he did audio commentary for The Frog Prince and maybe also Tales of the Tinkerdee.

Maybe there could be storyboards and concept art from the specials. Maybe even concept art for any unproduced specials that Jim Henson planned in the 1960s and 1970s. Muppet Morsels should be top priority, though.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
That would be totally cool, I would why they haven't came out yet, maybe there's not a enough demand for them right now or something.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I would love this very much almost as much as an uncut muppet family christmas dvd with a nice group shot dvd cover :wink:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
:frown: Now that's something, sorry to say, we're never going to see. I would like that as well, but since Disney didn't even let HIT entertainment, show the part of Emmet Otter's Jug band christmas with Kermit in it. There's no way they an uncut DVD of MFC, which would have the Kermit and Pals Muppets, hanging with the Sesame Street gang and The still Henson owed Fraggle Rock Muppets. As sad as that really is, it's the fact.:cry:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
JJandJanice said:
:frown: Now that's something, sorry to say, we're never going to see. I would like that as well, but since Disney didn't even let HIT entertainment, show the part of Emmet Otter's Jug band christmas with Kermit in it. There's no way they an uncut DVD of MFC, which would have the Kermit and Pals Muppets, hanging with the Sesame Street gang and The still Henson owed Fraggle Rock Muppets. As sad as that really is, it's the fact.:cry:
I'm not sure whether Hit! has any say in whether Disney keeps those scenes in (Henson owns Fraggle Rock, Hit! just has the current distribution rights for the show), but Sesame Workshop did allow for Sesame Street characters to be in the recent DVD releases of The Muppet Show and the movies, and Disney has allowed Sesame Workshop to continue showing older Kermit segments on Sesame Street. So Disney probably would be able to show it with the Sesame Street scenes.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Oh I know that Disney would be able to, it's just a matter of if they want to or not. For whatever reason they had, they didn't want Kermit on the Emmet DVD. But yeah you're right about the Sesame Street stuff, so the one ones who will ever know is the Disney Co.:confused: