Swedish chef

Loonie18

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first post but I have had this question in my head for years!

The Swedish chef, in recent years has felt hands. Before though he had human hands.

Where did the human skin end and the felt start?

I have thought of a few options

• Only his head is felt, the rest of his body is human skin
  • Only his hands are human skin, the rest is felt
  • He is like a child's doll, where they have a soft body and plastic arms and legs. So felt everywhere apart from the arms and legs
  • He has vitiligo. He has patches of human skin and felt all over his body.

Help! 😆

GizmoAkimbo

Reaction score
To be honest, it's kinda like the "what is Gonzo" question people had for years---I like to think the Swedish Chef is a hilarious mythical being, whose mystery hands will never be quite solved, lol.

I do like the idea you've brought up, about him resembling that of an old child's doll with plastic arms. It makes the most sense.

Loonie18

Reaction score
Thank you for replying!

The doll figuration makes the most sense to me also.

This has bugged me for years. I have other unanswered non muppet related questions that float round my head 😆

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first post but I have had this question in my head for years!

The Swedish chef, in recent years has felt hands. Before though he had human hands.

• He is like a child's doll, where they have a soft body and plastic arms and legs. So felt everywhere apart from the arms and legs

Help! 😆
Hmm. I'm not sure either. I know he had human hands when Jim was doing the puppeteering and voice because Frank was doing the hands, but after that it gets kind of fuzzy.

CL1FFXD

Reaction score

Help! 😆
I think it’s just muppet logic, yk? your not supposed to think that the human skin on the chef is human. (I think I also remember one time where the chef had foam hands instead of live hands but that just might be me)