Swedish Chef influence

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Have any of you ever been influenced in your behaviour when you were children by any muppet character?
One childhood memory I've never forgotten is when season 1 of TMS first started to air and I was thinking about the Swedish Chef while I was supposed to be concentrating on my homework at the table.
I had a pencil or a pen in each hand and suddenly remembering how Chef would throw things around his kitchen area after singing his Swedish intro I started waving the pencils around and cried out something like "HOR-DOS-FEE-DOS!" then threw them both up into the air listening to the clattering sound they made.:eek:

My Nan who was trying to supervise me said it was just as well my Mum did not see me do that so I'd better settle down. Realizing how serious she was I did calm down and went back to my homework:embarrassed:

CoOKiE

Reaction score
i have to admit... i did the Don Music piano thing. lol. But i was influenced by variouse muppets and my imagination was so big, that i thought i became them. So, you couldn't call me by my name, but by who i was that day.

My mom tells me i was Super Grover most of the time. And i do remember wearing a cape around pretending to be him... 21 years old now, n i held on to that very cape... even though my mom tried several times to throw it out... she'd turn her back and i'd be wearing it again :stick_out_tongue:

other then Don Music and Super Grover, i recall demanding that i'd be called Scooter instead. lol

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Everytime I cook, I subconsciously hum the Swedish chef theme. I can't stop it, either. Of course, why would I want to. It's so fun. :smile:

Katzi428

Reaction score
MeepBorkMeep said:
Everytime I cook, I subconsciously hum the Swedish chef theme. I can't stop it, either. Of course, why would I want to. It's so fun. :smile:
LOL...as long as you don't throw food while cooking!:smile:
I'll admit...a few times I've hummed the Swedish Chef theme while cooking (but I haven't thrown any food.:wink: )

The Flying Sheep

Reaction score
After all these years, I still speak in mock-swedish while preparing food (or running a projector.) I don't throw food around though.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Well, of course Floyd influenced me to learn to play bass, but eh...right now, I'm stuck with the guitar...

I have also been catching myself pronouncing "the" with a "d" sound instead of a "th" more often than I used to. (cause if you listen, thats how floyd says "the")

And one time, I was really bored, so I started POUNDING on the kitchen counter to the beat of the muppet show theme song. Hehe, my mom wasnt very happy about that:halo:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Sgt Floyd said:
And one time, I was really bored, so I started POUNDING on the kitchen counter to the beat of the muppet show theme song. Hehe, my mom wasnt very happy about that:halo:
HA HA HA! When I read this Sarge in the light of what I did imitating Swedish Chef with those pencils I thought to myself "Aren't you and I two of a kind?"

I think I had better have one of those Animal halo smilies for myself:halo:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Now that I'm thinking about it, sometimes, I'll go up to my dad if hes been bugging me, and give him a miss piggy karate chop (playing of course, I would never intentionally hurt him)

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
The Flying Sheep said:
After all these years, I still speak in mock-swedish while preparing food (or running a projector.) I don't throw food around though.
you know to be honest I think more people do that then they would admit to..I know plenty of people who do that..as well who run around singing hugga wugga or mahna mahna:big_grin: