Stuck on a large project

GizmoAkimbo

Reaction score
I didn't know whether to ask this here or on the general discussion thread, as it's more so asking for advice on something.

So I've been working on this very large Muppet fanfic with a very in-depth storyline. I've actually had the idea for this storyline years before ever writing, and finally did around the year 2022. My issue is that I'm still struggling to write it. Over recent years, I've tried listening to the advice of professional authors of published books about this, I tried writing small short stories to help not obsessively focus on one storyline, I've rewatched old Muppet Show episodes for new ideas, I've written at least 5 pages of the planning I have for this story in terms of structure and chapter setup, and yet the minute I bring up the document to write, I can't get anything down.

I really care about this project, and what I have written down now seems to hook a lot of people who have read it. It has a lot of potential, and I've been determined to finish it for the longest time. I'm just unsure if how I'm approaching this might be the wrong way about it.

For those who have faced similar issues, what ways have worked in handling something like this?

CL1FFXD

Reaction score
this may not work for all people, but I pressure myself into doing something, and if I don’t do it ill set consequences for myself. (example: if I don’t do the dishes by 3:00 I can’t use my phone for 10 hours.) I hope this helps!! and if it doesn’t (I know what it feels like to have writers/art block) then you should read other fanfics and stories to help you get inspo