Steve Whitmire Update

Fatcat

Reaction score
I was gald to hear Steve is alive and well! For those of you wanting to know more about him. Here it gose! When we were in school Steve wore an old army jacket had long hair and carried a Kermit puppet around with him. He acted in school plays and was very good at it. Because of my shyness in school I only spoke with him once. I went up and talked with him about Kermit. He said that one day he would do Kermit for the Muppets. I don't think he thought it would be because of Jim Henson's death.

I hope this answer some of your questions.
:big_grin:

EmmyMik

Reaction score
When we were in school Steve wore an old army jacket had long hair and carried a Kermit puppet around with him.
Long hair. How surprising!

:big_grin:

fishbone

Reaction score
kermit&who?

I met steve very breifly last year or the year before. anyhoo....i was at the rossanne show,remember when she had a talk show on cbs? anyways, there was kermit. me & kermit in the same room how cool was that! i felt like what the kids on sesame street must of felt like when they saw the muppeteers on the floor next to em'.

Some of the magic had been exposed, but it was still kinda cool, to see them stick steve in all sorts of cracks & odd spots between couches & even at one point he did a shot w/kermit & rossanne in the bed together. then at the end when they shuffled us out like cattle, I lagged behind to meet this man w/ the green one in a little green bag. just asked him about the creature shop. i had to make something up!

well he was cool. he does an awsome job. thats my story. is he doing ernie too?

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Yep, he does Kermit AND Ernie (who can be seen on both "Sesame Street" AND Noggin's "Play With Me Sesame").