Sponsors: Screen Text Observation

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I noticed something about the screen text used to display the letter and number sponsors as announced at the end of each episode during Seasons 10 and likely at least one episode in Season 12.

Normally, the sponsors shown on screen would appear to be a solid white, but during Season 10 - primarily the season premiere, and Episode 1195 - that the on-screen sponsors appeared to be a very light shade of pink (in Episode 1195, only the sponsored number 11 was shown in on-screen text). And on episode 1449 in Season 12, the sponsor would appear to be a bit of a very light greenish color (as Muppet Wiki has a screenshot of the closing scene with the letter D in on-screen text shown in that color scheme).

Also, whenever the sponsors shown on screen appeared as they were announced, they would fade in if the screen text had a black outline, or later on, black drop shadow. But when such text had no black outline nor black drop shadow, the screen text would appear abruptly without fading in (I remember this happening on Episodes 1301 and 1467). I kind of preferred the fading in effect for the on-screen sponsors during the closing segment.

ssetta

Reaction score
Episode 1952 had the sponsors appear in turquoise over a pink scribble that I think Grungetta drew in the air.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I remember that episode - even though the sponsors shown at the end of the show during Season 15 had a black outline, but what Grundgetta was likely drawing, I had thought it would look more white than even a pale pink. Makes sense as to why the on-screen sponsors were shown in some shade of blue.