Speculation: Fan Ideas for Future Muppet Movies

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I like these Two Ideas for future Muppets Movies,
Frank Oz's Worst Muppets Movie Ever Made and maybe let Frank Oz Direct or Produce and get a writing Credit!

or what about Finally have an Epic Kermit Piggy Wedding with Celebrities galore, would also be great to see Sesame Street characters attend the wedding! I know they showed them get married but If we treat these like canon then Kermit and Piggy got married in Muppets Take Manhattan, and In Muppets 2011 they depicted them as Divorced. Plus some I have heard on here say that scene In Muppets Take Manhattan could have been Dream Like or pure Fantasy.

If They go with the Frank Oz's Idea Imagine the Famous Directors that could have Cameos, Steven Spielberg, and George Lucas just to name a few...

I know The Muppets new show got bad ratings and Muppets 2011 and Muppets Most Wanted did bad at the box office especially MMW but If they make this film It would be for us Muppets Nerds Box Office wouldn't be a major factor, Disney Is rich enough to eat the cost lost to make the film IMHO, again this Is for us Muppets Nerds!!!!!

and I personally Loved Muppets 2011, and Muppets Most Wanted I just bought them on Blu-Ray !!!!!!

Last edited:

fufumuppet

Reaction score
I would love to see the Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made make it to the big screen, and I think a new movie would be a great idea in a few years because right now Disney is losing money on ESPN, (which is one of the reasons they didn't give the show a second season), but they will eventually make up for those losses in the theme parks with both Star Wars lands.

When that happens, I think they should try and get more people who have previously worked on Muppet projects like you said, such as Frank Oz. I also think they should try to get a sesame street character to cameo, but I understand that a cameo the size of the one in mtm is probably not achievable now because of rights. I would still love to see it happen though

Quazimoto

Reaction score
I know it wouldn't be original, but I'd love to see a Muppets take on The Phantom Of The Opera as a feature length musical film.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I still don't see why "Cheapest Muppet Movie" needs to be a thing. Seems that there was a reason the project was abandoned, and even though it's merely an educated guess, it's that the gimmick would only go about 10 minutes before the joke ran out and became tedious. I'm sure there are stronger, better, more worthy of a 90 minute runtime ideas that Jim was noodling before he passed on. I'd love to see veteran Muppet writers and directors come up with a stronger, classic style Muppet film, but not something that would scare away an audience for being too experimental.

Though I'd rather see than than another classic retelling. MTI was the best one of those because the writing wasn't rigidly close to the book (MCC) or trying too hard to pander to every demographic out there that isn't a die hard Muppet fan (MWOZ). I just wish the other two films were as fun and Muppety as that one was, and I'm sure we'd get something closer to MWOZ than MTI if this was done again. But I really wish they'd revisit Kermit: Prince of Denmark. Cheapest nothing. That's the abandoned Muppet project we should all be clamoring for.

MrMuppet93

Reaction score
How about a Muppet movie with an awesome villain that is taken seriously that the soccer moms would be up against. I really want either realistic and relevant in today's society or plain scary like the 1959 version of Malefecient? It'd be an awesome Muppet adventure!

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I could actually see "Cheapest" working as a short film. No more than 10 minutes, though.

Speaking of which, short Muppet films accompanying future theatrical Disney movies would be nice. A "Pigs in Space" short to go with the next Star Wars movie, anyone?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Speaking of which, short Muppet films accompanying future theatrical Disney movies would be nice. A "Pigs in Space" short to go with the next Star Wars movie, anyone?
That's a pretty great idea. I'm all for that. I think shorts before movies should be the direction they go in for the next few years.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I could actually see "Cheapest" working as a short film. No more than 10 minutes, though.

Ya, I agree, like Disney could air a 10 minute Cheapest short to finally satisfy muppet fans. I mean it would be amusing seeing the film continue to degrade in quality, but I fail to see how even Jim could make it a worthwhile 90 minute movie.