Songs nobody would know without the Muppets.

peyjenk

Reaction score
What are some of the songs that the world at large knows because they were done by the Muppets? I don't mean songs that were written for the shows or movies, but covers that the Muppets have done that have become the definitive versions.

I can think of two- "Mahna Mahna" and "Just One Person"- but are there more?

:confused:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Carbon Paper. At the nursing home where I worked for a while, I learned a lot of old songs, and the other staff knew all of these songs from working there so long. No one, however, knew this song! If anyone therefore could direct me to a non-muppet version of this song, I would appreciate it.
Any Old Iron
Won't Somebody Dance With Me

anytimepally

Reaction score
Carbon Paper. At the nursing home where I worked for a while, I learned a lot of old songs, and the other staff knew all of these songs from working there so long. No one, however, knew this song! If anyone therefore could direct me to a non-muppet version of this song, I would appreciate it.
The only non-Muppet verison of the song I can even tell existed was by the writer, Abe Burrows, but I can't find a copy

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Simon Smith and His Amazing Dancing Bear defiantly comes to mind. :wink::embarrassed:

Time in a Bottle and 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover were songs I hadn't heard of until the Muppets, though that could just be me.

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
"I'm in Love with a Big Blue Frog"

"To Morrow"

"You Don't Want My Love"

"Another Opening Another Show"

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I'm 20, and I know it's sad, especially considering I grew up listening to classic when my dad had on the radio.

I have heard Bad, Bad, Leroy Brown though. So I guess there is some hope for me.