singer in "You Do Something to Me"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
According to the Muppet Morsels, it was said that in the song You Do Something to Me, the singer was performed by Fran Brill, but then Eren Ozker took over after she turned back into her former self at the end. However, the credits do not list Fran Brill as a performer in the Peter Ustinov episode, and nothing is said about this at the Muppet Central episode guide (with the exception of Louise Gold, the credits listing there doens't list uncredited performers, though known uncredited performers are listed in the "notes" section). This character does not sound like any Fran Brill character I can think of, and she actually does sound like an Eren zker character the whole time.

I have seen some sources that mention that Cybthia Addler performed her, though the Muppet Central guide only lists Cynthia Addler as performing Cynthia Birdley in that episode. However, I do believe that it's more likely that Cynthia Addler did perform her for most of the song, and that the morsels just got the performer wrong. While this singer does sound like an Eren Ozker character, she also sounds a bit like the duck (also performed by Cynthia Addler) from the Bruce Forsythe episode, only with the voice not being as squeakey.

If Fran Brill did perform in that number then it's odd that she was uncredited, as she was credited in the two episodes she did perform in. I guess the ony explanation would be if she recorded the vocie in advance or if that sketchw as originally recorded for either the Paul Williams or Charles Aznavour episode but not used untill later, or maybe both. It seems like performers who only provide voices normally don't get credited as performers, and Jerry Nelson wasn't credited in the Connie Stevens episode, where he performed Floyd at a later date than when the episode was originally recorded.