Signed "Art of the Muppets" (Jim Henson and Kermit)

jakus

Reaction score
I have a signed copy of "The Art of the Muppets" ("Hi from Kermit the frog and Jim Henson") that I've had since fifth grade. I'm trying to find out what the interest in it is, and what the potential value of it is. It's in surprisingly good shape considering how long I've had it (20 years) so any help or interest would be appreciated.

Ryan

Reaction score
This can be very valuable, especially if you have a picture or something that shows proof of the signing. It could easily go over the 300-500$ area. I'm curious, where did Jim sign this? I hope you know how lucky you are to have met him!

:wink:

mekkha

Reaction score
I am so jealous.... but happy for you. I would never sell that, no matter how much money I was offered.

jakus

Reaction score
holy cow!!

I didn't meet him personally, sad to say. It was part of a classroom project where we all picked celebrities to give us autographs, and things of the sort. We got to bid on the items with tickets we received for being good in class (like I say, it was fifth grade). Well, this was one of the last items to go, and I had a whopping 43 tickets from the whole year. Took every ticket I had, but it was worth it not to see the little brown-noser that was getting everything else get it. It's been stored for about 15 of the 20 years I've had it, so it's in very good shape. As far as authenticity, I don't think Mr. Henson is going to dupe a classroom full of 5th graders, but I can see how you would need to be cautious of someone duping muppet fans. When word gets around, I will be entertaining offers for the book. A true fan needs to have this and have it on display. :smile: