Sesame Street "Surprise" Song

hooperfan

Reaction score
Aside from the pies being thrown towards the camera, I also recall there being a talking Muppet wall saying "surprise" at some point in the segment.

I find it surprising that "The Boy, The Girl, and the Jellybeans" is not uploaded yet, but I wonder if the official Sesame Street YouTube channel will someday upload these rare gems? I know they've been focusing on current and more recent content, but I am sure they have some room to add a few classic segments per week. At least they uploaded a clean copy of the "Family Food" sketch pretty recently - that is a real treat for sure. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction.

Another rare gem is a segment where Judy Collins and the cast are on City Island, singing "The Sunshines".

LegalizeAMs

Reaction score
Hey, guys. BDMonsterFan68 here, Rohail re-uploaded the Hebrew dub of the song.

And he also reuploaded Bahgwan’s fan cut of the song.

Well, the sources are incomplete, credit to BigPumpkinJFriend86 for posting the skit from YT

LegalizeAMs

Reaction score
Yeah, still more than that, the performers:
Danny Seagren: Green AM boy (from Father’s Song)
Fran Brill: Betty Lou
Caroll Spinney: Blue-nosed Herry
Jim Henson: Herry’s Right arm

LegalizeAMs

Reaction score
I took it
Hey, guys. BDMonsterFan68 here, Rohail re-uploaded the Hebrew dub of the song.

And he also reuploaded Bahgwan’s fan cut of the song.

Well, the sources are incomplete, credit to BigPumpkinJFriend86 for posting the skit from YT

LegalizeAMs

Reaction score
So here’s PJF’s quote:

Pointing out the video @Drtooth mentioned years back:

Well, @LittleJerry92 at first thought it was from the Dutch Sesamstraat dub. Well, now to debunk your theory, the video above actually did come from a Hebrew Rechov Sumsum episode that came back up recently today.

@Drtooth was right right all along.

As the episode resurfaced, the VHS tape quality looks the same, but the digital quality looks different (as I see some frames skipping ahead), seeming it was digitized at a different session.
OK, let’s try again:

Hey, guys. LegalizeAMs here… Rohail re-uploaded the Hebrew dub of Surprise (w/Hippies from 1970):

ernie and bert hebrew 11

And, he also re-uploaded Bahgwan’s fan cut of the song that synched the abridged English audio from the album release:

Little Jerry and the Monotones Surprise

Also, I made an extended version of the song. It’s still not complete though. I added a couple of English audio pieces during the first verse, the incomplete third verse, and the end of the song. Everything else is foreign-dubbed, I used some sources (with the N3 bug) from the 2-hour special “Lange Sesamstrassen Nacht” to splice in some higher-quality video sources, and used BOFI78’s Mexican Spanish dub source as well. I spliced the ending which is in Hebrew to make it edit, due to the same dub of the video had been saved in bad quality:

Classic Sesame Street: Surprise (Almost-complete English, HQ)

LegalizeAMs

Reaction score
Sorry, I do not have a copy. But there is it on my channel I took:
Classic Sesame Street: Surprise (incomplete, album audio version)

But where’s the one with the Boy, The Girl & The Jellybeans @LittleJerryFan92?