Sesame Street Special "Furry Friends Forever: Elmo Gets a Puppy"

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Special - Furry Friends Forever: Elmo Gets a Puppy
HBO Max Premiere: Thursday, August 5, 2021
PBS Premiere: Monday, March 13, 2023

This Thursday, don't miss an all-new half-hour animated Sesame Street special on HBO Max. "Furry Friends Forever: Elmo Gets a Puppy" will premiere on Thursday, August 5 exclusively on the HBO Max streaming service.

In this joyful special teaching us how to love and care for our furry friends, Elmo and Grover help a sweet stray puppy find a forever home!

About HBO Max

Subscriptions are available for $14.99 monthly without ads or $9.99 monthly with ads. If you already have HBO or an AT&T service (internet, tv or cell phone), you may have access to HBO Max already in your existing plan. Find out on the HBO Max website or in your AT&T account.

If you saw "Furry Friends Forever: Elmo Gets a Puppy", please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It was...cute. Very cute. Cookie Monster secretly eating dog food got a laugh from me.

Abby doesn't look quite right in animated form here, at least when it's not a head-on perspective.

It's interesting to me how Elmo is much more...personality-less in these animated specials. When Ryan has the puppet on his hand, you see him hamming it up so much. Here, just doing the voice, they feel like almost two different Elmos.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The songs were the best part of the special. I also liked Grover struggling to find the pet fair and Oscar showing his soft spot for Tango.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I found this interesting to see. Especially given how it is the introduction of Tango. However I do wonder and hope that they are able to make some so that Tango can meet the likes of Rosie, Julia’s dog, and Barkley in near future.

DatH

Reaction score
It's interesting to me how Elmo is much more...personality-less in these animated specials. When Ryan has the puppet on his hand, you see him hamming it up so much. Here, just doing the voice, they feel like almost two different Elmos.
Yeah it's weird. It seemed like late S40s Elmo was starting to flesh out despite Clash leaving, but then the Second Elmo's World, the talk show, the robot special coming, and this...
Not to mention late 40s were trying to make abandoned Muppets return gradually, but that stopped....
I feel like Covid really hurt SS ideas for other characters, so Elmo again is used for padding

Unrelated, it's kinda sad, but this is far better Flash/Toonboom animation than Arthur and Cyberchase. Though for SS's merit it's still good regardless

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I guess Dorothy finally had to be flushed down the toilet, huh?

Unrelated, it's kinda sad, but this is far better Flash/Toonboom animation than Arthur and Cyberchase. Though for SS's merit it's still good regardless
Too be fair, neither of those shows were originally made for Flash anyway, so that, unfortunately, just draws more attention to how much the animation doesn't work in a digital form.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I think it looked better in the Monster at the End of This Story special. I don't like the method either, but it looked fine enough in that special; there was still a lot of personality shining through the characters and their movements.

And what they're doing with Dorothy remains to be seen; she was in this new animated special, though.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Furry Friends Forever: Elmo Gets a Puppy" premieres on PBS this Monday, March 13. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Season 52 episodes are also available to stream online at pbskids.org/sesame for a limited time.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I guess Dorothy finally had to be flushed down the toilet, huh?

Too be fair, neither of those shows were originally made for Flash anyway, so that, unfortunately, just draws more attention to how much the animation doesn't work in a digital form.
Nope. He still has Dorothy. Recall at the end, he introduced Tango to Dorothy. (Sorry if I'm giving away a spoiler here, but I think we've all seen this by now.)