Sesame Street Season 53 Episode 5301 - Community Mural

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sesame Street's 53rd season officially begins this Thursday on HBO Max. New episodes are scheduled to debut on Thursdays through July 2023. The Season 53 episodes are slated to air on PBS stations across the country beginning September 2023 after the season concludes on HBO Max. This is the third season that will premiere exclusively on a streaming service.

Season 53 features:
  • A season-long focus on helping kids develop healthy self-identity and a sense of belonging in full celebration of their race, ethnicity, and culture

• More episodes filmed on location

• Ji-Young (Kathleen Kim), a seven-year-old Korean-American girl introduced in the "See Us Coming Together" special will join the regular cast

• A new recurring segment, “Celebrating Me, Celebrating You, Celebrating Us”

• Featured guest stars are Mickey Guyton, Amber Ruffin, Zazie Beetz, First Lady Dr. Jill Biden, Samuel L. Jackson, Brett Goldstein, Ava DuVernay, and HAIM
After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

If you plan to watch Sesame Street Season 53, please like this post. This thread will be open for posting Thursday morning.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5301 - Community Mural
HBO Max Premiere: Thursday, November 3, 2022
PBS Premiere: Monday, September 4, 2023

Friends on Sesame Street are painting a mural to celebrate the people in their neighborhood. When Abby has a hard time finding a paint color that is the same as her fur, she learns to mix paint to make a color that looks just like her.

This episode features an all-new street story, Celebrating Me, Celebrating You, Celebrating Us ("Painting Colors of Skin"), Mickey Guyton sings "Community", Cookie Monster's Foodie Truck ("Starfruit"), and a new Elmo's World: Monster Edition ("Arts and Crafts").

If you saw "Community Mural" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

TimzUneeverse

Reaction score
True, but I haven't seen any of this yet. Still, the horror of HBO Max and Sesame media is continuing.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I like how they not only changed shots in the theme and closing songs, but they changed the arrangement of them too. I liked seeing Honkers and the Count getting a line in the street story. While I didn't mind the I Wonder What If Let's Try slogan, it's great to have a break from it. The community song was really good. It was nice to see the return of Elmo's World Monster Edition.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Community Mural" premieres on PBS this Monday, September 4. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Season 53 episodes are also available to stream online at pbskids.org/sesame for a limited time.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Great concept for the season 53 premiere. It was nice to see all the main characters in the street story, even if some (ex: Snuffy) just appeared in the mural. Definitely tells us they're still around.