Sesame Street Season 52 Episode 5216 - The Super Shape Heroes

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5216 - The Super Shape Heroes
HBO Max Premiere: Thursday, February 24, 2022
PBS Premiere: Monday, December 19, 2022

Telly, Elmo, and Rosita transform themselves into shapes to help people.

This episode features a street story from Season 42, I Wonder, What If, Let’s Try ("Riding a Tricycle"), Cookie Monster's Foodie Truck ("Maple Syrup"), and Elmo's World ("Shapes").

If you saw "The Super Shape Heroes" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I really didn’t like the edits they made to the street story here. Having Elmo and Rosita immediately transform into the shapes needed instead of Telly turning into a triangle beforehand removed a lot of the conflict, plus a lot of funny moments removed as well.

Oddly enough, I did enjoy the “letter” segment with the sandwiches making shapes.

ssetta

Reaction score
It was nice to see Telly in something new again. He was in the closing tag. So it seems like the only time they ever use him in new material is for new closing tags of old plots.

TimzUneeverse

Reaction score
"A million triangles!"

That was a pretty good episode, to be honest. But, when will Sesame learn to stop repeating shows from over 10 years ago?

ssetta

Reaction score
"A million triangles!"

That was a pretty good episode, to be honest. But, when will Sesame learn to stop repeating shows from over 10 years ago?
I actually like it when they do that. It’s similar to how they used to show old inserts in new shows. And sometimes it can be nice to see them again after awhile.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Given how they’ve been in HD for over 13 years now, I don’t really see the problem with them repeating older episodes.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"The Super Shape Heroes" premieres on PBS this Monday, December 19. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Season 52 episodes are also available to stream online at pbskids.org/sesame for a limited time.