Sesame Street Season 52 Episode 5207 - The Grouch Band

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5207 - The Grouch Band
HBO Max Premiere: Thursday, December 23, 2021
PBS Premiere: Monday, October 24, 2022

Oscar is getting ready for a virtual Grouch concert with the noisiest and most annoying instruments. Elmo’s Shaky Shake instrument isn’t noisy enough for the concert. What if he adds more rocks and blocks to his jar? Let’s try!

This episode features an all-new street story, I Wonder, What If, Let’s Try ("Making Musical Instruments"), Cookie Monster's Foodie Truck ("Mozzarella Cheese"), and Elmo's World ("Instruments").

If you saw "The Grouch Band" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Huh. I was not expecting them to do the zoom-call thing on the show. I guess that's the only way they can get Suki on this season (I imagine maybe they might do this again if her family is going to apparently reappear this season). And I suppose it's nice that the Grouchketeers are back, and Oscar getting a storyline (sorta) again; he was doing nothing but cameos all last season.

ssetta

Reaction score
This was one of the best new episodes I've seen in a long time. I actually thought it was pretty cool they did a virtual episode, but also, like you said, not only is it good to see Oscar again, but I couldn't believe they brought back the Grouchketeers. I thought that was a concept that was gone for good. I actually don't think they have been in anything new since Season 36.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I really liked that all the new footage for the episode was done virtually. And of coarse, nice to see the return of the Grouchketeer club.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Kind of surprised that Telly did not show up to this one given how often Oscar and Telly are sometimes connected whenever a Grouchketeers storyline shows up.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"The Grouch Band" premieres on PBS this Monday, October 24. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Season 52 episodes are also available to stream online at pbskids.org/sesame for a limited time.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Huh. I was not expecting them to do the zoom-call thing on the show. I guess that's the only way they can get Suki on this season (I imagine maybe they might do this again if her family is going to apparently reappear this season). And I suppose it's nice that the Grouchketeers are back, and Oscar getting a storyline (sorta) again; he was doing nothing but cameos all last season.
I wondered why they were doing the new material through videos in this episode. I thought it was because they were filmed during the quarantine. Plus since I'm lacking HBOMax I'm seeing these episodes about a year after they air, so exactly when this one was filmed confuses me. Was Suqi quarantine for a time before or after the pandemic depending on when thus was filmed? Really curious here.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Kind of surprised that Telly did not show up to this one given how often Oscar and Telly are sometimes connected whenever a Grouchketeers storyline shows up.
Yeah, maybe Marty's availability was limited here, but I see what you mean. Plus with this being a Grouchketeer episode, you'd think they would have shown the kids on the show. I could definitely have seen Charlie making an appearance here. Seems like they had a missed opportunity on that one.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Was Suqi quarantine for a time before or after the pandemic depending on when thus was filmed? Really curious here.
Suki lives in Florida, so she wasn't able to be on the set for this season, which was filmed from August to December 2020. We will see her on set next season, because by that time, she had been vaccinated.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Suki lives in Florida, so she wasn't able to be on the set for this season, which was filmed from August to December 2020. We will see her on set next season, because by that time, she had been vaccinated.
OK. Good to know. Yeah, since her brother and brother-in-law and their daughter have been added to the cast list I'm thinking we'll see more of Nina and her family soon. Maybe sooner than expected because I'm going to see about getting HBOMax for Christmas.