Sesame Street Season 51 Episode 5133 - Turtle Tunes

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5133 - Turtle Tunes
HBO Max Premiere: Thursday June 24, 2021
PBS Premiere: Monday March 21, 2022

Sesame Street has a new friend – Morty the sea turtle! But when Morty gets sad about missing a playdate because he moves too slowly, Elmo, Nina, and Rudy sing him songs about all of the ways that sea turtles are special.

This episode features an all-new street story, I Wonder, What If, Let’s Try ("Tortoise Interview"), a new Abby's Amazing Adventures ("Sea Turtle Conservationists"), and a new Elmo's World ("Turtles").

If you saw "Turtle Tunes" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Ah, I see. They took the premise from a street story last year (where they sing a bunch of songs to some sad fruits) and did it again. And it was just as flimsy (Elmo's song was catchy enough, I'll admit).

Man, why couldn't all the "I wonder, what if..." bits be little comedy skits instead of boring kids doing boring things?

Nice to see the ol' Ten Turtles song turn up again, but what's with the changing of the graphics? I get wanting to use a consistent font for things, but I don't see why they should go and make such a minor change like that. Who cares if it doesn't use the same font?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Man, why couldn't all the "I wonder, what if..." bits be little comedy skits instead of boring kids doing boring things?
Probably because it happens to be easier and cheaper to film and produce than it would be to stage elaborate Muppet inserts, or animate a short bit.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The songs were the best part of the street story. The I Wonder bit with Grover and the turtle played by Johnny K was fun. I hope we get more like that.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Turtle Tunes" premieres on PBS this Monday March 21. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Season 51 episodes are also available to stream online at pbskids.org/sesame for a limited time.