Sesame Street Season 51 Episode 5132 - Family Day

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5132 - Family Day
HBO Max Premiere: Thursday June 17, 2021
PBS Premiere: Monday March 14, 2022

Relatives from all over come to celebrate Family Day! Big Bird wonders if his Granny Bird will be able to make it to the party. Just as everyone gets ready to take a family portrait, she surprises him! (Guest: Kelsea Ballerini)

This episode features an all-new street story, I Wonder, What If, Let’s Try ("Potato Sack Races"), Kelsea Ballerini sings about "Families", Smart Cookies ("The Hidden Teething Biscuit"), and Elmo's World ("Siblings").

If you saw "Family Day" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Nice to see not one, but two gay couples in the show. I think that was the way to do it - not do a whole street story around them, but just casually introduce them and make no big thing of it. Rest of the story was...cute, I guess. I swear, Nina's niece is the same little girl from the new In the Heights movie.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Guess what? Somebody from my home town performed in this episode! :excited:

Guess what? It wasn't me!! :stick_out_tongue:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Nice that they put the street story on YouTube, so people who don't have HBO Max can see it immediately. Jen Barnhart was the MVP of the episode, playing three characters in the same story. The song from Kelsea was cool.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Nice to see not one, but two gay couples in the show. I think that was the way to do it - not do a whole street story around them, but just casually introduce them and make no big thing of it. Rest of the story was...cute, I guess. I swear, Nina's niece is the same little girl from the new In the Heights movie.
Wait a minute. Two gay couples? I caught one, Nina's brother and her family. Oh, wait. I just saw the street scenes. (It was available online when Yahoo! had an article about it.) I may have to wait until the show airs on PBS to see what I missed.

Jen Barnhart was the MVP of the episode, playing three characters in the same story.
Okay, I know she's Charlie's mom and Granny Bird. Who was the third one? Or was that another "outside of the street story" deal?

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Wait a minute. Two gay couples? I caught one, Nina's brother and her family. Oh, wait. I just saw the street scenes. (It was available online when Yahoo! had an article about it.) I may have to wait until the show airs on PBS to see what I missed.

Okay, I know she's Charlie's mom and Granny Bird. Who was the third one? Or was that another "outside of the street story" deal?
  1. The other couple was in Kelsea Ballerini’s song.
  2. Jen played Abby’s mom too.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
  1. The other couple was in Kelsea Ballerini’s song.
  2. Jen played Abby’s mom too.
1. Okay, I'll look for that when that ep comes to PBS, unless I can find it online sooner.
2. Oh, right. I don't watch "Amazing Adventures" much, so I haven't been too familiar with Maggie.

Anyway, thanks for that info.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Here is Kelsea Ballerini's "Families" song posted a few days ago.

Okay, thanks, Phil.

I see it now. The two moms.

John Stamos: Did you ever see that show, "My Three Dads?"
Dave Coulier: Yeah, it's called "Full House," you dipsh**!!

Last edited:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Family Day" premieres on PBS this Monday March 14. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Season 51 episodes are also available to stream online at pbskids.org/sesame for a limited time.