Sesame Street Season 50 Episode 5017 - Magic Spell

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5017 - Magic Spell
HBO Premiere: Saturday March 7, 2020
PBS Premiere: Monday November 9, 2020

The princess is under a magic sleeping spell and the spell can only be broken if the Prince writes his name on a magic tablet. Elmo and Abby help Prince Billy practice and encourages him to keep trying until he learns how to write his name all by himself.

This episode features an all-new street story, a new Big Bird's Road Trip (Rice Lake, Wisconsin), Maren Morris sings “Oops! Whoops! Ah-ha!”, a new Abby's Amazing Adventures ("Writers") and Elmo's World ("Alphabet").

If you saw "Magic Spell" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I knew Biff and Sully were going to be in another episode this season, but I didn't expect them to turn up here; that was a nice surprise.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Was Marty or Peter Prince Billy? And him writing "Dilly" instead of Billy is funny because that's John R. Dilworth's nickname (who, as we know, was behind those Noodles & Nedd shorts).

Anyway, this actually feels like what a more traditional, customary SS episode used to feel like back in the day; probably the better one of the season so far. Who performed Snoozing Beauty?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
That was Marty, and Stephanie as the love interest.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The cold open with Ernie and Bert was fun. I liked how after Bert left Rudy signed off for him. Seeing Biff and Sully return was a nice surprise. Since it was already covered who played the prince and princess, I'll say who the fortune teller was: Pam Arciro. I loved how this time on Amazing Adventures, they stayed in Abby's room, and when Basket said it was time to go, Rudy says they never left with the Twilight Zone theme in the background.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Nice to see Marty get a substantial role. He definitely had a very Telly type, neurotic energy (Hey, at this point I take what I can get). But the prince also vaguely reminded me of Don Music. Which makes me think, it seems like stories centering around random one off characters could work well for classic characters.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Magic Spell" premieres on PBS this Monday November 9. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.