Sesame Street Season 50 Episode 5006 - Game Day on Sesame Street

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5006 - Game Day on Sesame Street
HBO Premiere: Saturday December 21, 2019
PBS Premiere: Thursday October 1, 2020

Sesame Street has turned into a giant board game called Sesame Stoplight and Elmo, Abby, and Rudy are ready to play. When feeling frustrated during the game, they learn to stop and take a deep breath, think of a plan to solve the problem and then go try their plan. By working together and not giving up, they complete the challenges and win the game.

This episode features an all-new street story, a new Big Bird's Road Trip ("Kansas City, Missouri"), a new Cookie Monster's Foodie Truck with Ellie Kemper ("Cheese") and a new Elmo's World ("Games").

If you saw "Game Day on Sesame Street" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It was okay, I guess. Seems like Rudy got really frustrated really easily, but then again, I was kind of the same way over board games at that age, so I suppose it's realistic enough; Chris was strangely a lot of fun to watch as the emcee of the game, really liked the colorful suit he was wearing.

Don't know who Ellie Kemper is, but it was interesting to see another celebrity guest visiting the Foodie Truck to break up the monotony of the segment.

Other than that, once again, not much to say.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I was disappointed that they were touting a Two-Headed Monster appearance right in front of us and never did anything with it. Lame.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The cold open with the dog making Grover fetch the stick was funny. The street story was kinda fun. I liked how Elmo and Rudy sorta put pressure on Abby to when the gumball game. The only thing interesting about the Road Trip segment was it was the first one that used the BB puppet that was created for Matt. I didn't expect them to use a Foodie Truck bit that was made for YT. I liked seeing Telly in EW and Elmo and Abby being puzzled by Rudy winning the game in the closing scene.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
It was okay, I guess. Seems like Rudy got really frustrated really easily, but then again, I was kind of the same way over board games at that age, so I suppose it's realistic enough; Chris was strangely a lot of fun to watch as the emcee of the game, really liked the colorful suit he was wearing.

Don't know who Ellie Kemper is, but it was interesting to see another celebrity guest visiting the Foodie Truck to break up the monotony of the segment.

Other than that, once again, not much to say.
Yeah, I notice Chris has gotten more used to being the victim of Abby's magic tricks and seems to enjoy it now, rather than just getting frustrated about it like he has been before. Just my observation there.

Same here. I was wondering if that was a new thing this season (since I haven't seen that many season 50 eps) or just experimental for an episode or two, but I do like the idea of having a celebrity eat the ingredient they need rather than CM. Also, it seems like the monsters now have some extra food there saving themselves trips to factories or farms or wherever. I look forward to seeing more of those.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Game Day on Sesame Street" premieres on PBS this Thursday October 1. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.