Sesame Street Season 49 Episode 4920 - Elmo the Engineer

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4920 - Elmo the Engineer
HBO Premiere: Saturday March 30, 2019

Elmo and his dad become engineers as they design a "toy putter awayer" to help Elmo put away his toys.

This episode features an all-new street story. the People in Your Neighborhood Challenge ("Engineers") and Elmo's World ("Building Things").

If you saw "Elmo the Engineer" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
So this episode gave me 2 big shocks: Caroll voicing Big Bird and the return of Elmo's mom! She's now played by Stephanie, which means Stephanie's the performer who's taken over most of Fran's characters. I thought the street story was fun. I liked how sarcastic Louie could be and Guy Smiley's hair coming off. Who knew he wore a toupee? The People in Your Neighborhood Challenge was a nice change of pace from Foodie Truck and Amazing Adventures. I wonder if we'll see it again.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Can't complain about seeing Guy Smiley again. I've realized the only thing missing from Eric's portrayal is the air of "showbiz phony" Jim had with Guy (not counting the toupee bit). And Elmo's mom is in good hands again.

Huh, that People in Your Neighborhood thing was an interesting surprise. I assume it was similar to that "Kindness-1 in Space" thing from a couple of seasons ago where they seem to have made one as a test.

And it was also a surprise hearing Caroll at the beginning!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So, no new SS again this week, but eh, the story didn't really sound that interesting anyway - it sounded like it was held over from several seasons ago when they were on that STEM kick.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
So, no new SS again this week, but eh, the story didn't really sound that interesting anyway - it sounded like it was held over from several seasons ago when they were on that STEM kick.
You're either tuning in too early or too late.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
So, no new SS again this week.
I think the problem is you didn't change the clocks for Daylight Savings. Thankfully, you have time to catch up On Demand, cause the next episode doesn't air until Monday on both HBO and PBS.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I think the problem is you didn't change the clocks for Daylight Savings. Thankfully, you have time to catch up On Demand, cause the next episode doesn't air until Monday on both HBO and PBS.
That's the episode where Julia is scared of getting a haircut.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I thought that was Carroll at BB, but I wasn't sure. I look forward to hearing more of his work in season 50.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Elmo the Engineer" premieres on PBS this Monday February 3. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.