Sesame Street Season 49 Episode 4905 - Elmo's Factory

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Geez it seems like they’re trying to push Herry Monster more which I am not complaining about.
Yeah. It's always good to see Herry, but the difference in his voice is noticeable. Was that Peter Linz?

Sounded like Matt to me (and no, not in a "He's so good I can't tell the difference" way).
Well, it seems like Carroll's most recent BB voice and Matt's are starting to sound more and more similar, both having BB sound a bit congested, but Carroll did record BB's lines up until season 50 so I'm thinking the majority of Big Bird sounds we'll hear up to season 51 will probably be Carroll's but I could be wrong on that. (I was wrong once in 1987, so you never know) After all, it was mainly Matt voicing him in most of season 48.

I finally watched the episode, I had to watch it on my dad's computer using Amazon Prime. The street story was pretty good. Seeing Herry get screen time is always great, the beginning with Elmo pitching his anything holders to his friends like it was commercial was funny. I loved when Elmo said "Oh yeah, a factory! What's a factory?" and "Oh yeah! An inspector! What's an inspector?" The way Ryan delivered those lines were so funny. Also, OscarandTelly, hate to break it to you, but that was Matt as Big Bird. We're not gonna hear Caroll as Big Bird and Oscar until that anniversary TV special airs next year.
Whoops. I posted before I read this. So the majority of BB scenes this season are Matt's? Well, I look forward to hearing Carroll's BB and hopefully his Oscar voice in the anniversary special.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
So the majority of BB scenes this season are Matt's? Well, I look forward to hearing Carroll's BB and hopefully his Oscar voice in the anniversary special.
I posted that before we knew what the special would be. Now we know that Caroll will be appearing as himself interacting with Matt's Big Bird and Eric's Oscar. His final performance is for a street story that will air in season 50. As a Muppet fan, you should know that voice changes are inevitable, instead of thinking like Seth MacFarlane that a Muppet who sounds different is "wrong-sounding." Characters sounding a little different is better than characters not being used at all. For more on this, look at the quote from Steve and Eric that I posted here: https://muppetcentral.com/forum/thr...nd-kermit-at-the-same-time.63677/post-1229791