Sesame Street Season 48 Episode 4826 - Grandparents' Day

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4826 - Grandparents' Day
HBO Premiere: Saturday May 12, 2018
PBS Premiere: Monday September 10, 2018

Hooper's Store is throwing a special party for kids and their grandparents!

This episode features a street story from Season 44, a new Cookie Monster's Foodie Truck ("Honey") and a new Elmo's World ("Grandparents").

If you saw "Grandparents' Day" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Matt's Big Bird sounded much better in the teaser, but it's clear Caroll isn't voicing Granny Bird either like he usually does - I can't imagine his voice would be up to it right now.

Clearly the episode is a repeat from an older season, and it must have been a really older season - not only is the street looking like it did prior to the Season 46 makeover, but Alan's hair was noticably darker than it has been. Seeing Alan and Chris trying to dress up as Elmo's grandparents was really amusing - especially Chris looking like a drag queen! So Baby Bear's grandpa is basically Papa Bear with gray hair and a mustache and calling everyone "baby." Similarly, Elmo's grandpa is clearly just Elmo's dad with different hair and mustache. Oh well, why build completely new puppets for just one random episode?

So I wonder if Gonger's Grandmamommy having an American accent is so kids can understand her better?

And once again, I like that NOTD took the time to actually count the cookies.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't talk about this sooner. I got up much earlier than usual, cause I had a docent class at the Center, and right after I watched the episode, this thread wasn't up. Anyway, it was great seeing Granny Bird again and it was nice how in the Foodie Truck segment, it was a Muppet who ordered the food for once.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So, do the royal wedding and AVATAR have to pre-empt this week's new episode?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It seems so; it will still be made availible on streaming and on demand this weekend, though.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Grandparents' Day" premieres on PBS this Monday September 10. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I agree that it was nice seeing Granny Bird again. Plus I recall when this episode originally aired there were quite a few complaints that she didn't appear, so I'm glad they addressed that in this repeat episode. Though I can't help but wonder who voiced her. Could it have been Matt?

Also, I was thinking they really should address the fact that repeats are repeats maybe some point in the cold opening, because with the street looking different, Alan's hair, (plus in the repeats we see characters who we don't really see in the new eps like Bob, Gordon, Gina, Maria, Leela, etc.) They really should say something in the opening like, 'I can remember a few years ago when...' I feel like the way they handle repeat episodes might confuse kids who are watching the show and notice these things.