Sesame Street Season 46 Episode 4630 - Afraid of the Bark

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4630 - Afraid of the Bark
HBO Premiere: Saturday July 30, 2016
PBS Premiere: Monday September 19, 2016

Zoe is rattled when Barkley playfully picks up her pet rock, Rocco, in his mouth. Elmo, with the help of Gina, Bob and Grover, help Zoe get over her fear. Also featuring Murray Has a Little Lamb ("Little Vet School") and Elmo's World ("Dogs"). Brought to you by the letter D and the number 5.

This street story is originally from Season 43, Episode 4310.

If you saw "Afraid of the Bark", let others know. Please like this post and share your thoughts.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This was an interesting story, I used to have problems with dogs myself, but I pretty much don't anymore, but that's mainly because there are dogs in my family: my aunt and uncle have a rascally little weenie dog, and my cousin and his wife have a deaf boxer, both of which are very affectionate (they pretty much tackled me one Christmas, lol).

I guess we can assume this is why Bob and Alison are still listed as cast members: their appearances this season must be relegated to these repeat episodes. Either way, it was still nice to see them again. And Barkley too, for that matter, I haven't seen Barkley since . . . Season 36, maybe? Seems like the last time I saw Barkley was "Riding a Tricycle." And was that Tau making a cameo?

Was Joey sick when they were filming that particular Murray segment? Couldn't help but notice Murray sounded rather hoarse and nasally. But amusing when he got wrapped up in his bandages.

Who were the people involved in the Salty and Pierre animation? The whole art style, as well as the voices, all seem really familiar.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
And Barkley too, for that matter, I haven't seen Barkley since . . . Season 36, maybe? Seems like the last time I saw Barkley was "Riding a Tricycle." And was that Tau making a cameo?
Yes, that was Tau with his dad and his pet dog "Puna".

This was actually about Barkley's third appearance since season 36. He was in the 40th season premiere (Big Bird considers Moving) and an episode in season 41 (The Happy Scientists). Both street scenes are on Youtube and I actually suggest watching the one from season 40, it's really good.

Who were the people involved in the Salty and Pierre animation? The whole art style, as well as the voices, all seem really familiar.
Those segments remind me of Salt and Pepper from 'Blues Clues', who were also French. But the animation studio is called "Magnetic Dreams", the same people who do the CGI backgrounds and characters from the Elmo the Musical and Cookie's Crummy Pictures. They also did the animation for "Traction Jackson", the CG Twiddlebugs segments and this:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I remember the Season 40 premiere, I just didn't remember the detail of Barkley being there. Other than that, I really haven't much of anything from Seasons 39-44.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Agreed. It's hard for Sesame Workshop to say "Kids won't understand or even care who these older actors are" when they reuse old episodes they were on.

Still think its because of cheapness, though.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Literally, the only thing I cared about in this episode was the cold open. It was funny when Grover got dragged by the dogs.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
What sheer irony that the week all the bru-ha-ha over Bob being let go is the same week a "new" episode featuring him airs.
Now that one I didn't see. (The new one with Bob I mean.) It's nice that Bob got a full episode this season.