Sesame Street Season 46 Episode 4623 - Music Magic

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4623 - Music Magic
HBO Premiere: Saturday June 11, 2016
PBS Premiere: Monday March 6, 2017

When Elmo uses Abby's magic wand, all anyone on Sesame Street can do is sing! Also featuring "Just like Magic" song with Sara Bareilles, Cookie Monster's Furry Potter parody ("Furry Potter and the Goblet of Cookies") and Elmo the Musical ("Repair Monster"). Brought to you by the letter M and the number 20.

This street story is originally from Season 41, Episode 4220.

If you saw "Music Magic", let others know. Please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yeah, not much to comment on. The only edit I noticed to the street story was they lifted the entire Hooper's Store scene out. That new Sara Barellis song was pretty good too.

There was an odd edit on the ETM segment: they cut out the second version of the "It's in Half" song, and so they redubbed Velvet's line ("You've repaired two things cut in half. Is that a coincidence or a plot device?") to say "One thing cut in half," but kept the rest of the line, which makes no sense at all.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well now I know what episode this is; the only thing I ever saw from this episode prior was the end where everybody is marching down into the alley while singing. But hey, I liked it. All of the songs were really fun, especially Chris's parody of "Shout." That and I also enjoyed the cameos we got from Stephanie, Carmen, and Tyler in the laundromat.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm not actually able to watch this episode but I have seen the street scene, the ETM segment and the Sarah Barelles song before. So effectively i've seen most of the episode.

Music Magic is definitely one of my favorite recent street stories, all of the songs are really catchy and it's a pretty well developed story. It's really cool to see Carmen, Tyler and Stephanie cameo.

After watching the song with Sarah Bar- however you spell her last name, i've come to a conclusion. So far most of the songs this season have been really underwhelming.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The cold open with Grover was funny, where the rabbit from his magician's hat was trying to sleep. The Just like Magic song was cute. Leslie Carrara and Sara Bareilles make a good combo.