Sesame Street Season 24 Episode 3007 - Snuffy Organizes the Snuffketeers

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 3007 - Snuffy Organizes the Snuffketeers
HBO Max Premiere: Wednesday May 27, 2020

Snuffy is upset that he is too often mistaken for an elephant. There are so many differences between a Snuffleupagus and an elephant, so he sings about it. Elephants have wrinkly skin, trunks, and floppy ears whereas Snuffleupaguses are covered in fur, have snuffles, and do not have floppy ears. Elmo and Merry imagine that they have cars with many features including loud horns, radios, bells, and sirens. Snuffy and Big Bird host a game show called "Say the Word." Gina is the contestant and says the word "love" before seeing the clue. Telly, Lillian, Savion, Gina, and Luis sing a song about triangles. Snuffy holds the first meeting of the Snuffketeers club. At first, he is disappointed when nobody shows up, but then Slimey and a few kids arrive and the meeting is called to order.

1992 | 1 HR

Please note, this is the first time this episode has been commercially released since it's original broadcast.

Watch on HBO Max

Muppet Wiki Guide

If you've seen "Snuffy Organizes the Snuffketeers" on HBO Max please like this post and share your thoughts below.

mjb1124

Reaction score
Weird observation: This episode is brought to you by the letter L and I, but there was only one I segment in the episode (I for ice cream cartoon), and HBO Max edited it out (along with the itchy gorilla cartoon).

That aside, this is a good representation of what I'd consider to be the last "old school " SS season, despite the calypso opening/closing. The Elmo/Merry Monster segment does hint at the direction the show would head in. But the segments with Snuffy and the "Watching All The Triangles Go" are classic Street all the way, and there are plenty of classic inserts here as well.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I guess this technically means the HBO Max edition only has one letter of the day.