Sesame Street characters seen in a Disney game

JJandJanice

Reaction score
First off, I’m not sure if I’m doing this right trying to show this picture. Let me also state that I’m sorry if this has already been brought up somewhere, though I did search first. But anyhow...

So I’ve been playing a mobile game app, Disney Heroes: Battle Mode quite a bit lately. It has an awesome variety of Disney characters and references, ranging from the big characters you’d expect like Elsa and Mickey Mouse to Disney afternoon characters like Darkwing Duck and Megavolt and yes currently there are playable Muppet characters such as :halo: (Whom is my top hero):concern: and:mad:. But I was surprised to find that one of the red badges (one of the items used to make heroes stronger) is titled “the Martians” and it wasactually referring to the Yip Yip Martians of Sesame Street.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0fFN9xh0bZEXCMhtaPESBhL0Q

I’m not sure if I’m posting the picture correctly. So I’ll also attempt to explain it. But it features an illustration of the beloved aliens and the text reads “Yep. Yep. Yep yep yep.” These are very clearly the Sesame Street Muppets which are not owned by Disney. I usually pride myself on my Muppet knowledge and which characters belong to which company and family of Muppets, but I was stumped. I tried to Google some information on why these characters have gotten any sort of reference in a Disney game. But found nothing.

Does anyone else know about this? Does anyone have any possible any idea why the Yips Yips are being referenced in a Disney game?

Side note, Piggy is one of the heroes that the Yip Yips badge can be equipped with.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Hmm. that is a bit curious. Especially since Disney does not own the rights to the Muppets of Sesame Street.

salemfan

Reaction score
Hmm. that is a bit curious. Especially since Disney does not own the rights to the Muppets of Sesame Street.
Does Disney hope to buy the rights to Sesame Street? If not, did Disney include a copyright notice anywhere in the game saying that the Yip Yip Martians are owned by Sesame Workshop?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Since I do it with a Disney character finger puppet when playing with my elder niece, maybe the Sesame Martians are meant to be a reference to the LGM's (Little Green Men aliens) from Toy Story/Buzz Lightyear?
:search:

salemfan

Reaction score
Since I do it with a Disney character finger puppet when playing with my elder niece, maybe the Sesame Martians are meant to be a reference to the LGM's (Little Green Men aliens) from Toy Story/Buzz Lightyear?
:search:
Well, why didn't Disney use the Little Green Men aliens from Toy Story/Buzz Lightyear which they already own the rights to?