Sesame Street Beanies

dannyfluffy

Reaction score
Hi to you all. I am new at all this. I am trying my hardest to find me a collection of Sesame Street characters to buy. I would like them to be no bigger than beanie babies. I think Tyko made some. I saw a few in Ebay, but I'm looking for a more trust worthy seller. One that knows and loves Sesame Street as I do. Can you help me find these characters? Thanks. Danny..........dannypalik@yahoo.com

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to Muppet Central. There are basicly two large bean sets. The only difference between them is their size. The original set is made by Tyco as you mentioned. I'm going from memory but I believe it includes 24 regular characters and a few rarer odd variants - like a purple/pink nosed Sherlock.

The mini-beans set were put out by Kellog's cereal in 2000 and are the same 24 just in a smaller size. So the first issue would be to decide which set you wanted.

Hope this helped a little bit. Let us know if you have other questions.

dannyfluffy

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks Phillip. I just got off Ebay where I placed a number of bids. I am looking for the larger ones from Tyco----->just learned how to spell it. I was also looking for the beans with tags if possible. If you know of anyone or some store selling these beans, please let me know. Thanks so much!!!!
Danny.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The larger Tyco ones originally came out around 1997, so they will probably be pretty tough to find in stores at this point. If someone knows of a place to get them, they will post here and let you know. Good luck in your search.

I went and checked my set and I have 27 of them. There are two different Sherlocks - one with a pink nose and another with a purple. I have three different Honkers, one purple, one green and one pink. I have heard there may be a pink Twidlebug in the set but I have never seen it. Applause did make a pink Twidlebug plush, but since this is Tyco's set that's a whole other story.