Searching for new voices of classic characters

blackurth

Reaction score
I keep reading from people how rowlf has been retired but why don't they just search for somebody who can do the voice,like a talent search or something,after all I'm sure here are people who may be able to come close enough to both rowlf, dr teeths ,muppet news flash and other gruffy henson voices,how did they find the new scooter and the new miss piggy/fozzie?and what's going to happen when steve can't do kermit anymore will they retire him as well when there are thousands of voice actors who would LOVE to do kermits voice.

jediX

Reaction score
I can do a DEAD ON Sam Eagle & Animal, but the odds of being hired are probably slim-to-nil.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
blackurth said:
I keep reading from people how rowlf has been retired but why don't they just search for somebody who can do the voice,like a talent search or something,after all I'm sure here are people who may be able to come close enough to both rowlf, dr teeths ,muppet news flash and other gruffy henson voices,how did they find the new scooter and the new miss piggy/fozzie?and what's going to happen when steve can't do kermit anymore will they retire him as well when there are thousands of voice actors who would LOVE to do kermits voice.
Bill Baretta are performing Rowlf now
John Kennedy has done Dr. Teeth but he's not been cast to be the regular performer.
Brian Henson did the Newsman at Muppetfest.

One thing is the voice, but theres another thing to consider when casting a new performer for an old character, and thats the personality of that character.
If they hire a performer that can do a perfect voice but can't catch the personality of the character in the puppetry, then you have a bad casting.
But if you got a performer that got a close match of the voice but a perfect personality in the puppetry, then you would have a perfect casting in my eyes.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
from what I've seen and read, it seems like most people here are pretty impressed with Bill's interpretation

dbarrie

Reaction score
I can do a dead-on impression of Sam Eagle too, and I'm Canadian! I can also do a good impression of Link Hogtrob; if JHC ever wants to revive that character, I'll submit a resume! LOL

OI MuppetFan

jediX said:
I can do a DEAD ON Sam Eagle & Animal, but the odds of being hired are probably slim-to-nil.

WiGgY

Reaction score
For AVMMC they did hold auditions. I'm sure John Kennedy and Eric both auditioned, but Eric was better. Brian Henson actually auditioned, so I hear. I think Matt Vogel was busy, so they looked to the other performers to see who could do Scooter and Janice and Brian was hired.

Personally, I think Brian's Newsman is awful. Not even close. I think they should hold more auditions and find an Eric Jacabson for Jim Henson (someone who can do it all).

BTW, Steve is suppose to be the new performer for Link, but they don't use him. He does a great Link voice but the character could use work I think. But I'm only going by the new video game.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Cool topic, I always love talking about perormers taking over new characters and whatnot, don't know why though :halo: hmmm, this gives me an idea for a new thread...

Super Scooter

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
BTW, Steve is suppose to be the new performer for Link, but they don't use him. He does a great Link voice but the character could use work I think. But I'm only going by the new video game.
Well, Link wasn't used THAT much before anyway.

WiGgY

Reaction score
He was in a lot of shows. But mostly PIS and BOP. He needs to make a come back.